planted 2 lemon auto's 5 days ago. here are some pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjablazer, Oct 13, 2012.

1. They are about 2 inches away from two 34 watt fluorecent lights on an 18/6 cycle. Any further advice?

ForumRunner_20121013_105958.png

ForumRunner_20121013_105946.png

2. Your soil doesn't seem to have any additives. That pot is obviously for sprouting. I would recommend mixing some soil with perlite. Just as all mj plants they love an oxygen rich soil. IMO Autos more so. For my autos vs the regular strain root growth seems about 30% more vigorous. I would use Fox farms ocean forrest and perlite mixed 2:1. This will have about 3 weeks of nutrients in the soil.
    Otherwise Good luck and they are looking on schedule.

Your light cycle will work just fine, but my preference is to do 24 hour lighting until i and the plant are ready for flowering. Autos start showing sex about 3-4 weeks in.

Autos are the semi retarded mutt offspring of our favorite and least favorite strains.

3. Yeah what he said lol.You should really be doing 24/0 for the rest of the plant life.

4. I find they do like some dark time.Too much light has seemed to stunt growth compared to my plants with 4 hours of dark. I do not do any more than that though.

5. Thanks for your input guys. I'm using sea soil. The lady who knew I was growing on a students budget suggested it because she said I would not need any other type of nutrients until flowering. I'm going to take your opinions and start a 24 hrs light cycle. I have 2 questions:
    1) when and how much should I water?
    And, 2) when should I switch to my bigger pots?

6. And these are femonized for the record

7. I do 24 hr till the next set of leaves then go to 18/6 I think it's all when you think is working better there's a million strains and that many ways to skin this cat

8. Honestly water it when ever you think you should thats how I go by and I am pretty sure that is how everbody else go by too.I usually make sure the top is dry and at least 2 inches down it too.It depends on your soil too,in my soil I water every 2-3 days.Just water it don't drown it though.Also if you are using tap water let it sit over night.

9. Water when the soil is dry and switch when the look way to big for the pot there in you will know by the weight of the leaves when to switch it will look like its going to fall over lol

10. But do you guys agree with not buying any more nutrients since I'm using sea soil?

11. Well you will need more nutes down the road probably about 2-5 weeks from now,but as of now no.

12. I agree for now your good with water and light if you get a pur water filter that clips on the faucet you should be good with out ppm for a while to just for now keep your ph in check and let those baby's fly and if you have FF soil I would go with FF nutes as well they are ph balanced to work together