Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Plantar fasciitis and MMJ in WA?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mikayote, Nov 19, 2009.

1. I just had a quick question that I cant seem to figure out... I have MS, but I have to wait to redo my MRI because of my medical record lost. But because of the limb cramping in my feet, I've been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis that I'm being treated for while I wait for the hoops for the MS diagnosis to get done.

According to what RCW 69.51A.010

"Has been diagnosed by that physician as having a terminal or debilitating medical condition; Is a resident of the state of Washington at the time of such diagnosis;; Has been advised by that physician about the risks and benefits of the medical use of marijuana; and has been advised by that physician that they may benefit from the medical use of marijuana."

"Terminal or debilitating medical condition" means: Cancer, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or other seizure disorder, or spasticity disorders; or intractable pain, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications; or Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications; or Crohn's disease with debilitating symptoms unrelieved by standard treatments or medications; or Hepatitis C with debilitating nausea or intractable pain unrelieved by standard treatments or medications; or diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications"

Now, the parts I'm looking at are "spasticity disorders; or intractable pain, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications" "diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity"

I have a diagnosed cramping/pain/spasticity condition that can't be relieved by standard medical treatment, since I'm allergic or react very badly to most painkillers.

Now, my doctor completely refuses to talk about mmj; she just gave me some gabapentine (which makes me really nervous since theres a class action suit against the company that makes it right now), but it doesnt do shit other than make me a little dizzy. I know that there are doctors in Seattle that will write you a recomendation based on your records, but do I have enough to take to them right now with just the plantar fasciitis, cramping, insomnia, and apitite loss?

2. Get copies of your current medical records/diagnosis and fax to Washington THCF with contact info. Their team will evaluate your records, and set up an appointment if your condition meets their requirements. With current MS diagnosis, you'll most certainly become legal.

3. Cool, thanks. I have an MRI scheduled for this Saturday, so hopefully I can get it all worked out fairly quickly.