Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Plant

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bob Boxer, Feb 21, 2011.

1. So, this plant has just sprouted and there are 3-4 leaves on it. It's pretty young. It is going through the correct light cycles and everything. The only thing I'm worried about is the soil. I didn't have any bagged fertilized soil, so i got some from my back yard and sifted it for rocks. Will this affect the growth of the plant or harm it at all?

2. Soil from outside could have all sorts of bad stuff in it. Generally you wanna sterilize it before you put your plants in it. If you haven't planted it already, hold off and get some proper soil as soon as you can.

That said, weed is a weed and it'll grow in lots of conditions... you just might not get a very big plant out of it. Either way, it'll be fun so enjoy growing :smoke:

3. You don't want soil that has fertilizers.. You want something low in npk values.. Then you can ammend it by adding in what you want such as lime, verticulite, and perlite..

Outside soil isn't the best to use because you bring inside unwanted bugs/pests that can be murder to get rid of..

You also posted in the wrong section of the forum.. There is a whole section about growing under the cultivation tab..:wave: