Plant won't start flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by RedPanama, Nov 6, 2020.

1. #1 RedPanama, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    I apologize if I make any mistakes, but it's my first post.

Hello!
    I have a problem with flowering, I have set the 12/12 cycle for about 2 weeks, in a short time the first pistils came out, but it is now a week that they have not grown and have remained millimetric, and some would even seem to dry up, turning red / brown, however branches and leaves continue to grow very fast. I have to specify that in my area the days are quite short, so at 7 in the morning I leave the plant in the sun, at 4 in the afternoon I turn on the LEDs to continue to let it take another 2 hours of light to reach a 12/12 cycle, when I turn off I take the plant to a completely dark room with good ventilation to prevent it from getting too cold outside. What am I doing wrong? (it's my first plant so i'm sorry if it's a stupid problem)

Attached Files:

2. hello my friend. there is no reason to worry . that at normal those are very old calylx and pistal. that is normal. the actual pistil and calyxs ( bud ) will form at the plant branch tips in clusters around 4he nodes 4he branches are now forming getting ready for bud set .( the white hair and the leaf sheath at the bottom are called calyx and pistil. this is meant to house the seed when 10 chromosome hair is pollinated by the 10 chromosomes from the Male pollen . its surface produces th4 vast majority of trichomesas 5hey are meant to protect the seed from various environmental elements )

• Like Like x 1
  3. now with that all said , I would be a little more worried about your light hour consistency ( and maybe intensity) . if I am reading that right you turn the lights on and off by hand ? no timer? and how do you keep it dark? a wee bit of background light like a bright moon is no issue but the even a bright sunset or room light is enough to disrupt flowering
    Now, why not just use the LED for the 12 hour? much easier to assure 12/12 . use
    the window if you want to supplement but the actual photo cycle will be consistent. the amount of extra electricity will be negligible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 RedPanama, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Hey, thank you very much for the reply and for the help!
    I wrote the post because it has been in this condition for almost 3 weeks, and I thought there would be enough hair to indicate flowering!
    I will try to explain the situation in the best possible way... I have 4 led lamps available (for a total of 550w, 3000°k), one above and 3 around the plant. Yes, I manage the lighting manually, because being the first plant I don't have much money available, also I didn't imagine it to be as complex as I discovered, however I have a timer on the clock and I am very precise in respecting it, at 7 am I put the plant outdoor, 10 hours later when the sun starts to be "less powerful" I turn on the LEDs that are actually outside, at 7 pm I turn off the lights and move the plant to a room without a draft of light with a fan that changes the air , this also to avoid getting cold outside.
    I don't use led lighting all the time because undoubtedly the strongest light source is the sun, also from what I read outdoor the plants produce more buds and flavors, so I thought that a two-hour led lighting to finish the cycle would not have been a bad idea, as much as it may be easier for me to set up a room with LEDs, I prefer the solution (i thought) that produces more, not the easiest!
    Sorry for the length of the message, but I hope I have answered well!

5. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and reasons for your procedure. rhe sun is a great source of light ...but consistancy is more important at the point. get a consistent yield before you worry about fancy stuff.basic nutrients with your lights alone will produce amazing weed . your yield and quality will change very little with all that extra work and you can do more harm than good. . get a baseline before you reinvent the wheel. there never is a nutrient supplier or seed company that says their product will not work and produce maximum yields unless you do some unique procedure to make your weed do some thing no one use done or seen before.
    KIS keep it simple

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, thank you very much, I'll do as you say! I will set up a room so that not a single watt is wasted!

7. dont worry too much about wasted watts if it means you are limiting air flow or rising temp. airflow is very important too.
    a good rule if thumb is ..if it is uncomfortable for you then it is for the plants too. .
    if you put your hand under a light at plant height and you want to move it because it is uncomfortable then that is an issue.
    good luck .text me any questions you have . post pics of your progress.
    cheers:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hello again! After a week i start to see what i believe to be a flower, i bought a red color led strip (660nm) to add to the lighting i already have, i no longer move the plant outdoor and it takes 12 hours of led, even if in the morning it gets a little sunlight being near the window the only place I can put it... even if the problem of burnt pistils remains, they are extremely small and brown, as if they sprout like this, I'm starting to think that it depends on the genetics or I'm still doing something wrong I don't realize, however it is my first plant and I don't know if it is actually a flower or an accumulation of small leaves, is it doing okay? here some pics!

Attached Files: