Plant with Mutations?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Afghani4x4, Mar 3, 2009.

1. We picked up a zip of some fire, fire, fire bud about a month ago. The stuff we usually get from this guy is as top shelf California exotics as is it gets. This batch had come straight from his friend out in Cali, it was an unstable cross or something and he never ended up growing any more of it but we managed to pick up the seeds. I germinated 4 of them.

Apparently the seeds came from an O.G. Kush mother-plant that had been accidentaly polinated by a bagseed plant that was an unstable cross from another grower in Cali.

It seems as if one of the plants, the one that is growing nearly twice as fast as the others, has a couple of mutations.

The plant came up normally until the second set of true leaves. One of the second set leaves has a normal 3 leaflet configuration, but the other had a 4 leaflet combination. I've never seen any leaves with an even number of leaflets. Now that the third set of true leaves has come out one of the leaves has 7 leaflets, two more than I thought it should have, the other half of the set has 8 leaflets though.

The plant looks great, is growing at a ridiculously rapid pace, and is beginning to gain dark purple coloration in the leaf viens and all through the stems. I have a feeling that the buds from this plant are going to be something very, very, special. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with mutations of this sort.