plant was watered to high PH

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by grow59195, Feb 19, 2013.

1. #1 grow59195, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    finally got a ph kit the other day. tested my tap water which is what ive been using and it comes up with a ph between 7.0 and 7.5 (hard to tell with the colors.)
    ive watered twice with this water now and is in some FF soil.
    its under a 6500k florescense 2" away and i waater only when top inche of wate is dry. i dont put nuts in my water either, FF bag says dont need nuts for 30 days. i transfered also from a cup to this bucket 4 days ago and also topped it the same day.
    Ive sense got a gallon of water now after some testing to get it in the 6.5 to 7.0 range for now cause i dont want to have to dramatic change. ive read that over a .5 ph change will shock the plant somewhat.
    i just want to make sure that fixing the PH will fix these issues that are just poppin up.
    and if anyone sees anything else lemme know!
    here in the below pic you can see yellowing of new leaves,
    [​IMG]

in the pic below you can see one of the ends starting to bend.
    [​IMG]

2. I think you should add some perlite to that (I've never used FFOF) it looks really heavy, other than that I think the plant looks fine. Maybe try to get some more light on her. Oh and don't worry about ph shock, if its too high then bring it down in one shot.

3. #5 grow59195, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    add perlite? like to the top? or massage it in? i have a 1000w MH bulb waiting to turn on i just wanted to wait for a few days after the shock of the transplant and topping to the new area. Then its gonna get blasted with light lol.

-how far away should i put a 1000w mh bulb from just this one plant ?

and thanks a lot! i really do appreciate you taking the time to help me:)

4. 1 plant, 1K light, not necessarily cost effective. You can do a few more and it will save you money in the long run. Get clones or something if you can and put in more plants. You'll thank yourself if you lose one, get a male or kill them for whatever reason.

5. Look ok, they all react to being transplanted.
    Just a tip, when you use any container, use it to it's max capacity. Fill it to it's top with the soil; you leave dead space like that, you might as well use a smaller container :)

6. Is the light bare? Or cooled hood? If bare go 16"-30" if cooled you can get it down to 10" or less. Start high and move closer each day until you see slight curl or bleaching and that'll tell you exactly. My 1000 hps's are cooled and currently sit at 12" and may get closer as buds thicken up.

P.s. sorry for the late reply I had to go to work.

7. thanks guys,
    @dawill1967 its my first plant, could only pay for one. gonna make lots of clones from this one tho.

@skunkpatronus when i bought the soil the bag didnt fill up the bucket all the way, ive cut away the extra sense tho. so its like a 3 g now:)

@stumpie the light bare, but 16 to 30 seems like a huge range:)

8. #10 }-MaDCoW-{, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    It is but it's hard to pinpoint since it depends a lot on your extraction and circulation setup.

9. Drill holes into the bottom of your bucket if you haven't already. While it's important to know the pH of the water going in, the pH of the water coming out is just as important if not more.

10. i cant do the ph coming out yet sense i was cheap and bought a color ph testing kit.

11. #13 grow59195, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    My plant looks like it isnt getting much happieness. isnt going towards the like like normally. i just pulled the light up probably a few inches. does it still look to close? i thinki i just battered her with light :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is a example of how far the light is now.
    [​IMG]

12. Looks too far away to me. What size light is that?

13. 1000w mh bulb

14. Get a fan blowing at the bulb and bring it down to about 24"

15. Ok so I had the light at like 15" its now at 24 with a fan . I was just going off of how hot my hand felt near the top of the plant. Then I figured that my light should be good for lots of plants and not like 2 or 3, but I thought it would get burnt a lil when it was to close, but there's only a little yellowing at the very tips of the plant and only like one or two leaves at the bottom. The top new leaves look healthy as hell tho and are pointing up at the light,

16. It was at 15" before? Looks more like 3 feet in that photo...

17. the photo was when i put it up higher, it was about 25 in the pic.

18. Ok well keep an eye on it and if she starts stretching towards it then bring if down inch by inch but I wouldn't go any closer than 16" without a cooled hood.