Plant was due a feed so I fed it. But what about nute burn?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GiveMeDopeJoanna., May 21, 2020.

1. What’s happening any and all, I got myself some of this stuff from my local hydroponics shop IMG_1353.JPG

And my plant went from this IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

To this

IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1353.JPG

Under my homemade hanging cords and unit to put plant with Mylar surrounding plant in fabric pot since my friend has the cords and isn’t answering me because he can be childish sometimes lol IMG_1353.JPG

It says to feed 1-4 ml per 1L of water and I heard to start low and work way up, I used 3 1/2 ml and now the plants most newest and top fan leaves are raised as if about to take a stretch outward, why was this as I didn’t start low literally half a ml from max dose because I figured she would be hungry for a feed, so far I see nothing but good results, I also transplanted from a small pot to a 10L that’s when I fed it, how much is too much for next feed? I was planning on going over 4ml after I got some advice on the matter, it’s organic feed and the guy said it doesn’t need ph altering here are it’s ingredients

IMG_1353.JPG

I believe I have misused the rhizotonic for the roots as I mixed it with the organic feed and it says on bottle not to use it with fertilisers is this correct or will it be fine to do it this way since it’s organic?
    IMG_1353.JPG

In your opinion when is it time to fim and should I do it? I hadn’t fed it any nutrients until yesterday it’s been growing since 8th March so it’s a bit small for its size, it yellowed because I hadn’t fed it and it was pulling nutrients from leafs is that too much stress on it to fim? Also what is the success rate of fimming if done correct?

First time grower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Not a soil grower so cant be much use buddy but nute companies generally tell you to use 4-5 times more than the plants can actually absorb so that you spend 4-5 times more money.
    Always best to start at quarter strength and just judge it from there.
    An underfed plant just goes a little yellow at the bottom. You see it, up the dose and all is well.
    If you overfeed a plant though then the damage is done by the time you can see it. You can also get lockouts which look like deficiencies.
    By starting small and working up. Waiting for signs of deficit before trying to force feed them you avoid the risk 90% of feeding related dramas.
    And the 10% thats left is a hundred times easier to diagnose and correct :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. to me it looks like you fed your plant and then potted up in to a bigger pot so could be you over feed then ..what potting mix did you use because most potting mixes have some nutes already mixed in to the potting mix any thing from couple weeks nute up to four weeks or more ,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  4. That’s right bro I heard that but the guy in the shop said because this stuff is organic it’s harder to give it nutrient burn I’ve also seen posts saying you can over feed with biobizz and unless it’s like really too much (I was imagining 10ml in 2L) it’s ph perfect all feeds

And mac, I used canna terra pro plus for first 6 weeks of veg no nutes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maybe needs to just feed regular water for the next couple of waterings and monitor the new growth. To much nutes can cause salt build up in soil if not absorbed in certain amount of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe harder to burn them from the extra dosage but still a waste of money lol. This why I like growing in reservoirs. You can see what the plants actually absorb so waste next to nothing:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Personally if I were you I’d be on a schedule of feed, feed, flush. That way you insure your plants will always be able to take in the nutes. Although slowly up sizing your pots, is better then going from a small one to a huge one cause of overwatering/feeding.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for this , lucky as I’ve only just fed it twice and it’s nearly fully dropping, would you still recommend this even if I were vegging for a fortnight or month longer?

I wanted to grow hydro but it was recommended I try soil first but personally I don’t see why I didn’t hydro either bro just a more strict routine would give me more to do with the plant rather than just waiting on it to grow.

9. Thanks for seconding BigDaddys opinion

10. Taken just now, seems to have taken well to the feed, it’s starting to drop at bottom has anyone used biobizz or does anyone have any info that backs up the claim you can overfeed because it’s organic and contains no salts if that is true?

Also anyone think I should trim all leafs are getting light the way I have Mylar sitting, starting to smell good

Planted from 8th April

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/QUOTE]
    Most recent update [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Most recent update [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I’ve now been notified that more feed doesn’t equal more npk even with organic, just a matter of does it need a trim and what effect does this kind of stress have on a vegging plant yield wise I hear it can help optimise new leaf growth but also it can stunt yield is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/QUOTE]

12. if you want to take an dead or discolored leaves of the bottom of the stem ,but no need to trim ,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  13. Do I cut the stem/vein of yellow leaf in any way or is this considered bad stress?

14. Cut where it attaches to the main stem

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ty bro she’s taken great to that feed no signs of nutrient burn having fed her over 12 hours ago, and I clearly jumped ahead going from 2ml straight to 4ml feed after reading this was safe, biobizz feeds is a definite safe and highly recommended for beginners.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think I see signs of flowering, I messed about with the bloom switch last night to see if it had any extra blue resulting in higher lumens and I fear the on and off of the red may have caused it to trigger, can this happen?, I planned on vegging for another fortnight, it’s been on 24-0 since germination apart from when I put it to 20/4 then back to 24-0 after making my mind up of the importance of dark schedule in veg

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also my friend and I are talking about how quickly we can cure it for best smell taste in fastest time I say 3 weeks he says 2 what do u think?

16. Also how many colas two or 4?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's how u will know what's going on. When to water and when to feed

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cheers for this, would you say the plant is about to go into flower with the wispy hairs on the stem starting? If so should I introduce 12/12?

20. If you feel it’s time. Might grow a little bit taller in 12/12 but who knows may not. But if she’s showing signs of be a she then I’d flip. And just trim/train and try and max what you got