Plant turned hermie? Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by matt69x, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Truth.......and there are times even today when you might get a seed or two in a bud from a dispensary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brother, where do you think I've been growing from! The grow I'm on now, my first bought seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hard to believe, but I actually grew a couple White Widow plants from a hermie I had a few years ago and they turned out amazing! I always thought a hermie would breed a hermie, but not in this case.

4. Lol. It's so fucking annoying. I mean I had no light leaks. Good conditions. And this shit happens suddenly towards end of flower. Like I just want to know Whyyyyy haha

5. Genetics could be to blame as my hermies came from shop weed seeds in the buds. Some strains might be influenced during certain perameters

6. Well. I wish I've seen this before I chopped haha. I mean I will learn for the future at least. Just my main question now. Let's say they all got pollinated. I will still get some kind of bud if I wait till harvest? Or is it like all the seeds just take over the plant and the buds are not smokable?

7. And that too. I have heard that a seed from a hermie is feminized???

8. Yeah I think I got it well too late. I could see at least 6-7 seeds on top of soil. And then seeds underneath bud sites as well. Just confused why the hermie. Good conditions. Seeds from seedsman which is one of the best suppliers. No light leaks. Weird

9. I don
    The bud that is there will be smokable or sure. just not the seeds. A male from the start is not smokable. Some hermies will produce just like a female as long as you can pinch every seed pod off her before it bursts. I tried to do this on a Tangie and it proved too much for me with a 100 stems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Temp fluctuations, too little water, too early a switch to 12/12 (remember it takes the average strain 45-60 days to mature, not enough light, ect.

11. Temps were right. Severly overwatered once. I guess it might be cause the veg was only 4 weeks. Due to house moving I needed to have it short so I could finish flower. Well thanks for all the info anyway

12. a short period of growth in vegg could signal a do or die situation and cause it to impregnate ones self.

13. thats the biz what strain is this auto or photo...much is in the details

I too get the odd herm is really no biggy just keep growing is the thing ...imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. It'll smoke all the same. Watch a few vids on seed removal and it doesn't take long to clean them out as you prep for a doobie or a bowl. You won't really know how extensive the pollination was for weeks yet. After it's been hung and dried and you start to pull the buds from the stems is when you'll see just what you have.

I had my prime spot self pollenate last summer and I was dreading a full bucket of seeds and only got like a small medicine jar worth when it was all said and done.

BNW

15. The bad news is you have seeds. The good news is you have seeds. Germinate a few and see what happens!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. This just in brozons.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nice video. Noticed he said that if you switch to flower to early before they even show sex that might affect and stress it and causes hermie later on.
    But if that's the case then people that do SOG 12/12 from day 1. Would have a massively high chance of hermie?

18. it happened to me. clones are always older.