Plant turned hermie? Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by matt69x, Jul 11, 2020.

1. So one of 4 plant might have turned hermie or whats the word. It was a feminised seed to start with. And I've only just noticed recently(6th week of flowering) that there is seeds dropping of the plant.
    1. Could someone confirm that if I can see seeds on at least half of the tops is it a hermie?(pics below)
    2. Do I have to get rid off the plant? With 2-3 weeks left to harvest can it get bad and affect the whole grow?
    3. Whats the best way to do here? I don't really want to get rid off the plant but also don't want other pollinated? Or maybe its genetic or something?
    IMG_20200711_211806.jpg IMG_20200711_211657.jpg

2. Boom! ...out she goes.....

if that be my plant ...thats not!

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like you have a hermie. I would get rid of it ASAP and hope to hell it hasn't already pollinated your ladies.

4. Would it not help if I hmm don't know for example put like cardboard walls around the plant so it's seperated from the other 3? Or any other options? Just checking

5. Ahhh that's painful man. I guess as it's still 2-3 weeks to go the buds are pointless as well? Have no thc yet probably? So your advise would be straight to bin?

6. I would just separate it. That is just my opinion. I see dark hairs already, so it wont be too long.

7. I am not sure how pollinating other plants works. If I were to keep it I would have to keep it in the same tent. The only way I can think off is like putting cardboard box around that plant. But wouldn't the pollen just like fly up and over cardboard and around the tent? Or do you think the cardboard walls would manage to separate it from rest?

8. I may dry the flowers out for a quick toke or for cookies

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #9 Archer, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Oh well in that case, you would definitely have to scrap her :(. There would be no way to keep it in the same tent without it pollinating the others.

10. Ahhh not cool. I've heard some people try to just cut off all seeds and 'male' parts? But I guess it's not that easy and you can probably break the pollen bags

11. Unfortunately, pollen travels a long way and that just wouldn't help you. Like vostok said, you might be able to have some decent smoke or use them for edibles, but there's no way I would let that plant stay anywhere near the ladies.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Right I'm gonna chop it now. Just wondering if I can dry it in a cardboard box? As I've read that some people do that for one plant. And baring in mind it's harvested like 2 weeks before time as well. And if I can put it in a box do I leave the box open? Do you know by any chance if that's something I can do?

13. You might get mixed opinions on this one, but I wouldn't have that plant even close to the same property as your females. If you had just one plant that turned hermie, go ahead and harvest it like you would a female, but if you have other plants, get rid of it. Not worth the headache.........and I'm speaking from past mistakes. LOL

14. Thanks for the advice man. Just finished chopping it off. I just hope the other plants didn't get pollinated. I guess I'll find out in next few days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Please tell me that is not a seed? It looks dodgy. It's from a different plant IMG_20200711_232042.jpg

16. I agree with @vostok as that's what I did. And I punched and kicked them a few times while nobody was looking. Fuckin fags, no disrespect. Let me redeem this situation for you. I went loking for seeds soon thereafter not realizing the covid had 19nd the seed situation. Paid a lot of money for 10 seeds when some patience could have landed me a supply. Couldn't compromise the rest though and therefore was not welcome in my house anymore.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Hard to tell by that pic. Might just be a swollen calyx. Keep a close eye on it. My main concern was you said seeds were falling off the buds. That's a sign that it may be too late for your other plants, that they might have already been pollinated. Trust me you will know when it changes sex.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dig into her and open some pods and see if you have actual fully mature seeds. Opps you already chopped her on some questionable advice.

If your finding mature finished seeds it was all very much to late to chop or remove her-him as the pollination took place weeks ago and the whole tent and all the plants got dusted to a greater or lessor degree. Should have just let it finish as it didn't make a lick of difference this close to the finish.

Early harvested Cannabis is speedy and can be unpleasant for many users. Blend at least 50%-50% with regular fully grown plants to take the edge off of it.
    My 25 cents

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have to admit that 20 years ago 75% of the best bud had seeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Again, what scared me are the words "seeds dropping off the plants." Didn't catch it in time and probably too late, but ya never know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1