Plant stressing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TexarkanaTim, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Hello again.....A friend of mine told me that about a week before harvest, I should drive a nail through the stalk of my plants. He said this will make the plant think it is dying, and cause it to put all its remaining energy into bud production increasing quality and yield. On some level it makes some sense to me, just wondering if anyone else has heard of this or does something similar?

2. i've never heard of that, but i have heard turning the plants to 36 hrs of dark before harvest is supposed to do the same thing.

3. I have heard of a similar technique, but that technique is breaking a stem, but not really breaking , just so it sorta sags a bit and the outer skin is still intact. I am sure the nail thing would work better though because the stem or stock hehe still has its full support

4. does it matter the makeup of the nail? steel nails might let iron of other compounds into the plant as your trying to flush it. galvanized or nails that have some kind of laquer finish might let poisons-zinc into the buds??? mabye surgical stainless would be the best? or possibly just punching the hole in the stalk and removing the nail. the damage would be the same and i dont see the plant repairing itself in 1 week so the stress should still take place. just my 2 cents..