Plant sprouted under soil!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by google122, Mar 28, 2013.

1. #1 google122, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    So I was concerned today because my plant is 4 days over germination and it still hasn't sprouted over the soil, I dug it up and the first thing i noticed was that what should have been the stem was not green, but white the exact same shade as the root. the root was atleast 1.5 inches long Second I noticed that the shell of the seed was gone and there were 2 circular leaves about half open, these were very yellow. Please keep in mind that the leaves were atleast an inch under the soil.

Is it because it was already supposed to sprout but never reached the top?
    I didnt infact orignally plant the seed too deep down about 2 inches. so about 5 minutes ago i moved it so that the leaves are about 1cm from breaking the soil. Was this the right move, or should I completely expose the leaves??

2. i think my plant is dead? any help??

3. Put your light very close to the soil and if you didn't damage it, the plant should recover. Moving it was a bad idea for the record ...

4. Alright, I'll try it. Any idea why the leaves are yellow? its really concerning me

5. So what was the other option? Letting the plant stay completely under the soil and dying because of lack of light and air? I don't see how moving it made anything worse.

6. You planted the seed too deep initially. After germination, you should make a small divet in your pot about 1/8" under the soil, and gently cover. The first "root" you see emerging from the seed is called the radicle. The radicle is used for stability and is a growing area for future fibrous roots. Your seedling was under too much weight to break the soil surface before shedding its seed casing and opening up its cotyledon leaves.

They're yellowing because the chloroplasts inside of the leaf need sun for photosynthesis. No sun = no photosynthesis = no chloroplasts = no green.

Make sure the cotyledon leaves are ABOVE the soil surface, stand her straight up and gently pat down the soil around the radicle. Don't over water, don't fertilize, don't do anything. Provide adequate light, air circulation and proper temperature and LEAVE it.

I don't mean to sound like a dick here but growing plants is a lot easier and more successful when you have done some research and know how a plant works. Good luck!

7. I did the same thing... I uncovered the leaves and bam it died the next day. Good luck