plant spacing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joe331250, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Hello all just a quick question how many plants can i fit into a 3 foot by 2 foot ebb and flow setup and still get a good yeld

2. ok sorry i left out a little info im giong to be using 400w hps lamp and veging my clones to 20 inches before putting the into this setup to flower just wanted to know what would be the max number for a area this size

3. Youre going to veg to 20"? thats gonna be like 4-5 foot plants when youre done... so you could probably get 4-6 but that would be pushin space depending on how bushy the strain is. I would keep your plants to 12" at veg that way you can stick to the standard one plant per sq foot rule(has always worked for me). With a 400 watt lamp growing big bushy plants is only going to net you a lot of popcorn on the lower branches. Smaller plants tend to work better because the lights can penetrate through the branches and the buds grow better. just my .02 though. Either way those are the numbers i would use.

4. Thanks for the info and i will let everyone know how it goes