plant slowly dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ElsLifted, Aug 9, 2012.

1. #1 ElsLifted, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    I have one single plant that hasn't shown sex and has been growing painfully slow. I think it's due to the fact I tried mixing my own soil and what I have now is too dense and I don't really know what's in it. I got it from a local nursery that makes there own blend.I think I may have root also, Ive only been using water but I keep coming across all sorts of problems.it's currently in a 2g smart pot.I found a local hydro store and I think I'm going to cut the pot open, remove most of the root ball and transplant to a 1g nursery pot of happy frog/ffof and let it gain its strength back.

Feedback pls. I can try for better pics when the lights come on tonight.

Attached Files:

2. From what I can see (from that angle) you have a bit of a eagle claw, the leaves are curling down, which indicates PH problem or overfeeding which leads to salt built up on the roots system.
    Try posting some new photos with a closeup view of the leaves from a different angle.

Cheers

3. #3 ElsLifted, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    thanks for looking. it is probably a combination of the two overfed/pH. i was thinking about a transplant to some ff soil , my thought was that theyd be more in the correct pH a nutrient range to help me out. rather than geussing at what this homemade soils ph is. idk.

4. Better pictures.

Attached Files:

5. PH is always a big issue so you should definitely control it, a test kit is quite cheap and can be found almost anywhere. Let it recover, do not give it any nutes, the soil is plenty for now, just water it (check the PH of the water also) and it should recover.
    Also, what's the temperature at day and night and what light do you use?

6. #6 ElsLifted, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Using a 150hps in a tent inside my closet. Lights on temp, 82-86. Lights off, 72-78. I do have a ph kit and I use ph down to 6.5ish.

7. Gave the plant a good watering before the wkend and it seems to be recovering. It is still very discolored, what is causing this?

Attached Files:

8. Just transplant to a bigger pot with the fox farm soil and water with some correct pH water and all should be good. If problems persist then maybe you should get some nutes depending on how old the plant is.

9. Pot is finally drying up since the last watering. I am now left with four nice tops after removing some really damaged leaves. Still on the road to recovery but looking better,imo. Should I wait it out,water again and see how she looks or make to the move to new soil today? As for soil... Ffof,happy frog, or roots organic?
    I only have my phone for pics sorry.

Attached Files:

10. Did the transplant to ffof tonight. The rootball was really small and looked weak. All the outer soil in the pot fell right off and the center was still a little moist.going to water her in and wait for the results. Kept her in a 2gl pot, she fills it out this time!

11. Here she is! Going to flower her and take clones on the 1st. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files: