Plant Size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by richirich_99, Jun 25, 2008.

1. So my plants are about 3.5 to 4 inches and they are 3 weeks old. Is this small for how old they are? The temp could be slowing growth, it averages about 85-90F during the day, and 75-80 at night with the lights off. they're under a 400 watt mh light on 18/6. I'll have pics up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

2. Way way too small. At weeks i'm anywhere from 7-12 inches. Your temps seem fine, what nutes are you using and how much?

3. Quadruple post. Now that I have not seen in a while. But yea temps could always be a problem. Ventilation? Do you have it?

4. Yeah they have plenty of ventilation, i have them in my closet, and the door is open during the day with the light on, and i shut the door when the light goes off. No nutes yet, going to start this week, tho. Any good nutes that i can get at lowes/home depot? I know i want somthing thats high in N than P or K. My mh light is about 20in away, should i put it closer and start nutes or just nutes? Thank for the help! i'll delete the repeat posts.

5. Well for nutes im pretty sure you don't want something thats high in all of them. Something that is higher in N than P and K would be nice. I know nothing you could get at said stores though... Someone correct me on that though cuz I don't know what your options will be there.

I kept my 400w about 12 inches away they seem to get a bit hotter than than the HPS but with hot temps its harder to keep it closer so keep an eye out.

Also what kind of soil are you using? That will depend on when you need to add nutes.

6. I used the MG organic soil. Then you think i should move the light closer? i'll got look at nutes soon. I have some but is 3-3-3, should i use that or get new stuff?

7. You used miracle grow, theres your reason. Can you get pics of your plants? and i reccomend you start over completly with better soil. sorry bro

8. also run the MH 24/7 I have done tons of research when it comes to vegging plants, some peopel think 18/6 is good but it comes down to... if you want your plants to grow slower do 18/6 if you want best growth speed go 24/7 for pre-veg/veg.

Is the reflector you have you're HM in air cooled with glass? it makes a big diff, if there is no glass the plants will burn ALOT easier. If there is glass I'd say like 10"-12" for a 1000watt HM... no glass, further... btu what do I know...

9. i planted my plant in miracle grow with nutrients included so far its been a month.. 2 weeks and 10 days now.... my plants now near 7 inches tall and 7 inches wide theres nothing wrong with miracle grow i even spray it mixed in with water on the plant and its doing great.....:Dexcept for the burns that im finding on the leaves but im sure thats due to the foil im using as a reflective material i will be changing that for some white flat paint or mylar material....:wave:

10. bigbuduk
    what kinds of burns? as in browning of the fan leaves of yellowing and curling of the tips of the fan leaves?

11. The burns are because you're spraying water onto the leaves of your plants. Also, MG kills plants. It has a WEED killer in it. As well as unnecessarily high N levels which will end up choking your plants and blocking the absorption of any other nutes or even water.

12. so im uploading some new pics of my plants right now, so they will be up shortly. My MH doesnt have the glass but it has a built in reflector. here is the light i have: http://www.hydroempire.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/3_20_62/products_id/719
    how far away should i have it then since it doesnt have the glass?

I have been running it 18/6 more so just to keep my bill down, and to let them cool down a lil because they stay around 87 during the day with the light on, sometimes a lil hotter, but i havent seen the temp any higher than 92 max. Im not going to start them over, this is a learning process for me, my first real grow. Im in the process of getting the money to build a box then i will be getting better ventilation, and some clones from a friend and will try that out. but right now im goign to try to make this grow work.

13. so here are the pics of my plants. I think im moving my light way closer and see what happens with that for a day or two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Get them nutes ASAP. All purpose (NPK 20-20-20) fert will work, but its better to get a fert you use in every watering thats a bit low.

You'll also wnat a different fert for flowering.

and dont use Miracle Grow, even if it doesn't kill them there are large a bagillion better alternatives out there

15. I plan to use better soil next time around, and will water with nutes either tomorrow or the next day when they need watered. Would leaving the door to the closet open during the day with the light on, and sometimes at night with the light off going to hurt the plants?