plant sex question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fat freddy, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Question...... Is the sex of a plant determined by growing conditions, or is it determined from the individual seed?

I thought I read somewhere that grow conditions i.e heat, light, stress will determine it. I only ask because someone asked me, and I don't know the real answer.

Here's some pics of my girls (hopefully) so far. I've got 5 plants total.

Attached Files:

2. Sex is genetically pre-determined.

Those plants aren't showing sex yet, at least not in the pics you put up.

3. dude it looks like stavia dom. but i no for a fact its indica. reason being is probably due to lack of light..also my plant is 1ft tall nd no sighn of sex..GL

PS. i belive once you put it in 12/12 it should show sex after a few weeks or so

Mine is in week 1 of 12/12 and is starting to show me new growth unlike anything iv ever seen so far.. (could be sex) if not more leafs..

4. Yes, plant sex is genetically determined. There is not anything that can be done to change that . To make for better odds, germinate more seeds than you intend to have plants, chances are, you will get more females (but there's no guarantee.)

Good luck, post pics again when they are bigger and with more close-ups of the stem and where the leaves start
    :)