Plant problems (with pics) please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by §à†áÑ, Dec 1, 2015.

1. I have 14 plants, every single one of them is having this same problem... They of course are all in the same soil mix, same size pots, etc.
    They are a week shy of a month old and have been having this problem for about 2 weeks now, all new growth starts off with yellow leaf tips but the rest of the finger on the fan leaves looks fine, just yellow on the tip. However after a few days the whole leaf begins to look like what you see pictured. I'm hoping this is some sort of nitrogen deficiency, I just started feeding with my favotive food as of tonight in hopes of fixing the problem but I find it weird every single plant is having the same issue..
    If anyone has any idea what this could be I'd be so happy to hear any suggestions at all. This is really bugging the hell out of me. Thanks so much for any help...

Attached Files:

2. Nobody has any ideas...?

3. #3 zthelizardking, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
    Nute burn, pH problems, magnesium deficiency could be possible but I'm no expert. What's your pH? and what have you been feeding them? and how much?

4. If using led light is too close raise it up a bit. Looks like possible nute burn

5. #5 Pro GMO 2, Dec 2, 2015
    Have u been using nutrients? The way I read it is u just started. Nutrient lockout or root rot?

6. you need more nutes to stablize your ph. its rising above 7 and thats when you get yellow tips.

check your ph. I bet it is rising right now

7. #7 §à†áÑ, Dec 2, 2015
    I have just started to feed them as of 3 days ago so it's not nute burn, they aren't under leds I use 1000 watt bulbs after they are done under the fluro tubes for the first 3 weeks of their lifes but it's not an issue of having them to close to the light.
    Whoever mentioned ph has a good point since the water I'm using is a new water source at a new location and this is the first grow I'm doing at this location it could very well be that. I will get some ph test strips and go from there thank you.
    DTM420 your saying just adding some notes will stabilize or in this case bring down the pH?

8. correct.

Most people go light on the nutes in the beginning to prevent nute burn. But the nutes generally lower the ph and then you ph up to get it where it needs to be.

this is what ppm is all about. when the plant takes the nutes out of the water faster than it uptakes water then the ppms will go down and the ph rises. you want the plants to uptake water at the same rate as the nutes to keep the ppms the same. This will keep the ph from swaying too much.

9. DTM420 thank you so much for your ph suggestion. After reading your post about ph I went out and got a cheap ph meter from Walmart and the reading the first time around after filling a drinking glass up the level was a crazy 8.7... I actually didn't believe it and tested it again, got 8.8... so after finding this out i went to get some ph down and as of tonight will be watering with water at a ph level of 6.5 and see what the plants look like in a few days..
    Thank you again so much. Ph has to be what's causing this issue, can't think of anything else that would have every single plant looking like that besides soil which is the same fox farm ocean forest I've been using for years.

10. a lot of people see deficiancies and add more nutes but its really all about keeping ph stable so the plants can uptake all the nutes instead of just a some of them

11. #11 §à†áÑ, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    I hear ya man. Been doing this a good while now and found a good soil mix I like I've been using the past few years and don't usually start using nutes till about the 3rd or 4th weeks and even then start off pretty light. The soil mix I use has plenty in there to keep them going fine without anything probably even longer than that. Never had this problem with ph before but like I said this is my first grow at this new location and apparently I'm blessed with really shitty water here. Going to suck having to treat 5 gallon bucket loads of water at a time with ph down then checking to make sure it's right where I want it. Took for granite just being able to fill up a few buckets and mix in some nutes lol.
    Thanks again for the help..
    One more quick question... About how long should it take after correcting the pH issue to start seeing changes in the plants? I started watering with proper ph water 5 days ago now and they appear to be doing better but still the new growth has slightly yellow tips. The old fan leaves seem to be generally much darker green now however though, just has me worried the new growth is still looking that way. I don't know if it's an acid buildup in the soil from the pH being that high or what. Just wondering how long it should take before I start freakin out again.

12. How much nutes and what nutes are you using.

the ph could still be rising if you dont have enough nutes. If ph is at 6.5 with low nutes it will rise as the nutes get taken out. The ph only has to get to 7.1 for the tips to turn yellow. if you want to use low nutes then make the ph 6.0 and test the runoff. runoff should be where you want the ph to be. if you have low nutes your runoff will be much higher than what you put in.

most likely you need to go full strength on the nutes.

in soil you should see results in a few days. some look greener but tips still yellowing tells me your ph is rising still

13. #13 §à†áÑ, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    So basically I should just go ahead and start feeding full strength? Am I correct to assume I should be testing ph after I mix the nutes in with the water and not just the water before mixing with nutes? I want my water and nute mixture at 6.5 right? Or should it be a little lower?

14. add nutes to water and mix vigorously. then ph it to desired ph. test the runoff water and tell me what the ph is.

I use all fox farm products and use full strength nutes just as there chart says. the only time I had probs was using half strength in the beginning and the ph was rising and I had issues like yours.

most people will tell you some nutes are "hot" and can burn your plants. I have never had this happen. the only time issues happen is when ph is out of range. too many or too little nutes can swing the ph thus causing problems that the grower will attest to the nutes being "hot".

the best thing you can do after mixing your nutes is let it sit for 30 min and take a ph test again. makes sure the ph ir right before you water.