Plant problems in no-till garden

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by colby_420, Mar 12, 2018.

1. I’m having some plant issues I’m running the no till mix from the first page of the no-till revisited thread along with his water schedule this would be my second run through my 4x8 bed. It’s happening to all the plants in the bed which half are rockstar kush and the other half holy grail kush. The plants are 6 week old clones. I’m noticing it in the mid to upper growth. Some of the spots have these little holes almost as light burn however I foilar spray a hour before lights come on. Since I noticed the spots i quite spraying and it seems to get progressively worse. Other than those few spots the plants are growing as they should and look healthy. Any and all help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. can you specify exactly what you put in your mix and exactly how you water and how often?

also, just to rule out pests did you scope the plant with a jewelers loupe?
    and a pic of the whole plant from top to bottom including pot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I used the coots mix from build a soil which consists of

Use at 2 Cups Per cubic foot of soil or about 4 Tablespoon per gallon of soil)

1. Crustacean Meal - Crab and Shrimp
    2. Kelp Meal - Thorvin Organic Icelandic kelp
    3. Neem Cake/Karanja Cake 70/30 - West Coast Hort. Neem and Ahimsa Karanja
    4. Milled Malted Barley - Premium Organic 2 Row Malted Barley
    Use at 4 Cups Per Cubic foot of soil or about 1/2 Cup per gallon of soil)

1. BuildASoil Basalt - Our Favorite Rock Dust for trace minerals. Highly paramagnetic.
    2. Gypsum Dust - Calcium and Sulfur
    3. Oyster Shell Flour - Calcium Carbonate - Adds available calcium and limes the Peat moss.

4. I used premier brand of Canadian peat moss, red lava rock as my main source of aeration but also threw some rice hulls in there and last but not least bio-char. As far as my watering goes I normally put my water in a 55 gallon drum and let it sit overnight then I usually mix water I’m gonna water with and use a utility pump hooked to garden wand normally I water about every other day the whole entire bed gets about 2 gallons of water each watering. I have looked under the scoop and haven’t noticed anything but I’ll do another check when I get home and take some more pics

5. Sorry can’t forget my compost was aged horse manure

6. Sorry can’t forget my compost was aged horse manure

7. Agree. Looks more like insect or mechanical damage than anything soil or nute related.

Wet

8. When you say mechanical damage what exactly do you mean? If it was pest what kind would I exactly looking for? I’ve had my fair share of spider mites before so I know it’s not that.

9. Mechanical could be pretty much anything that's not soil/nute related or pest related and is usually isolated like, light burn on growing tips, a broken branch, burns from foliar spray...whatever.

Soil/nute problems usually affect larger areas of the plant. Could be the entire plant, just the new growth, just the old growth, and sometimes the middle growth. But, very seldom (like never), just one single, isolated leaf (mangrove's are an exception here, but we aren't growing in a mangrove swamp).

Those pics look sorta like thrip damage, but it's not widespread enough. The whole leaf perhaps, but not a little nibble in one very small area like a tasting menu. In short, IDK.

All I can suggest is a close inspection with a loupe, front and back and as soon as you notice it. If it's a pest they will shoe themselves soon enough, but do a process of elimination to see just what is causing this.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It’s definitely isolated just a leaf here and there I looked under the Loupe and seen nothing. I will keie

• Like Like x 1
  11. Damn dog made me hit send but anyways I will keep a close eye on it and see if it gets any worse.