Plant problem #1

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LightBringer, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Hey everyone

Been a while since I posted here, well now I have some trouble.
    Something that seemed to me like a disease of some sort has started spreading on 1 of my plant, well it can be anything actually because I have little exprience in growing.

Attached is a picture of a leaf I removed that had the problem.

See how the edges are brownish?
    It started as only 1 or 2 leaves but continued to spread. At the start the leaves only had a yellow stain but it developed into black brown like in the picture.

Any help will be great, I'm really worried for my babies!!

Attached Files:

2. classic fertilizer burn

flush the plant to leech out the excess ferts

Flush with PH corrected water, 3 times the volume of the pots is the rule of thumb

1 gal pot = 3 gallon flush

3. Thanks for the advice.
    Hmm that makes sense.. cause I've recently added lots of ferts to that plant.

I just flushed it big time, hope he will be fine

4. id be hoping for a she

5. ofcourse its a she. my bad.

and there she is

Attached Files:

6. definitely, too much love ;)

7. LightBringer

you also have heat issues , the leaf blade margins are curled upwards

raise your lites or check your exhaust fans for more airflow

8. You think those curled up leaves are cause of heat?
    Cause the temp in the closet is pretty low. possibly only around the top of the plant its too hot... I'll check that out.

9. hi heat and or low humidity causes this leaf margin curl

10. The same symptom has starting occurring on another plant with the same strain.
    I'm guessing its a white widow that isnt supposed to get a lot of nutes so its easily gets burned.

I've flushed it too. But I"m getting worried about the first plant. It has been almost a week now and Its not showing signs of recovery, Also the soil is not getting dry from whence I flushed it, I hope root rot wont come soon.

11. BTW

I'm suspecting the soil, cause it has weird balls, could they be time release nutes? The guy at the store said his soil is nute free but I'm starting to feel otherwise

12. Dont you love the monkeys that work in these stores? They usually no nothing! Just trained monkeys to get you to buy stuff. The best thing to use is peat bricks I find. I use 50/50 with my own soil outside and a handful of kitty litter per bucket used.

13. what kind of soil are you using? what color are the balls you are talknig about?

14. Kitty Litter?>>>>for what purpose praytell?

15. sorry for so many post's, but what is your pH?

16. Just something to think about, but nute burned leaves don't "recover". In fact, if they're burned badly enough, they'll continue to die and eventually fall off the plant. What your looking for is to be sure that the burn doesn't appear on new growth.

17. thats ok , the more posts the better :)

Well I cant tell you what exactly is the soil brand cause it will mean nothing to you, I live in Israel and we have different brands. But the soil is peat moss and then I added perlite, something like 30% perlite.

The balls are orange, I'll get a good picture of em and bring it here.

18. About the PH, its fine I think Its around 6.5

19. yea I c, but by saying "recover" I mean the plant has slowed down growing by a lot and not started to grow fast again since.

Also the soil is wet for so long it makes me feel like it isnt drinking

20. thats cool that you live in Isreal, if you give me the name of the soil, even though its not in the states, I could research it and find out if there is anything in it?