Plant only has 3 leafs. What’s wrong

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Theprideboardz, Jan 5, 2020.

1. 217E0BDC-62C3-4AE4-B91D-6941321173CD.jpeg My plant started from seed about 6-7 weeks ago. And is only growing 3 finger leafs. What should I do?

2. what light you have

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is 6 to 7 weeks old? Thats VERY small. Give us info about soil, light, feeding etc..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That's a six to seven week old plant?
    Things tiny.

As for the leaves, it could be genetics. Or it could grow out of it
    eventually. It just doesn't look like it's growing much at all right now though.

5. Looks heavily stunted we need more info. As much as you can provide.

6. I’ve been using sun during the day and a 65 watt red and blue light at night. And on rainy days I put the 65 watt grow light along with a 120 watt grow light on it

7. I’ve been using sun during the day and a 65 watt red and blue light at night. And on rainy days I put the 65 watt grow light along with a 120 watt grow light on it

8. I’ve been using sun during the day and a 65 watt red and blue light at night. And on rainy days I put the 65 watt grow light along with a 120 watt grow light on it

9. I’ve been using sun during the day and a 65 watt red and blue light at night. And on rainy days I put the 65 watt grow light along with a 120 watt grow light on it

10. Also it’s taller now. But has the 3 leaf fan still but has more leafs. I’ll upload the new one tomorrow

11. As well as I use an all natural soil

12. My last set I grew a Nutter Butter and it only had 3 leaf till harvest.. 4 ft tall at harvest.
    I would try to get a more powerfull light if you can will help immensely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ok

14. It’s almost a foot tall now

15. #15 Forist72, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Are you only growing one ?
    Post some pics of them.

16. No. But the other ones are shorter. But that’s cause I haven’t moved them to the buckets yet. But they are literally the same age and nowhere near as big

17. Post a couple pics of them..

18. It won’t let me

19. It's perfectly normal for young plants to have few leaflets or blades per fan leaf. The first above the cotyledons will have one blade, the next three, then 1 or 2 nodes above will have 5, and so on, though you might not see 7 or more blades per leaf until the plant is mature and flowering.

That said, if this plant is more than a month old, it could be receiving insufficient light. Buy one of those $10 Three Way Meters online. Use the light meter to make sure that your plant is receiving between 1500 and 2000 lumens of light at various places along its foliage. Lower your lights or raise your plants until they get what they need.

Also, when you have your meter, you can check your soil moisture and pH. You need to let your plants roots dry out in between watering during the veg phase. Your plant may be puny as a consequence of it growing in soil that is consistently too wet.

20. Thank you and I water it every 2 days at the same time. It’s probably the lighting but when I put it in there by itself the leafs get bigger and as well as the first set of leafs with 5 fingers grew in last night