Plant only 4 weeks old and is starting to smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by itsthatguy, Nov 30, 2014.

1. #1 itsthatguy, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    My plants are starting to create a "dank" skunky odor. and their only 4 weeks old. i went to check on my plants this morning and when i opened the door i got slapped in the face with a really raunchy scent. i just recently turned off my lights to save electricity and what not going onto an 18/6 cycle, so im not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

2. Dude, you are growing ganja, it smells.  Carbon filters and ozonee gennys are in existence because they work (mostly).  

3. i was talking about it starting to reek this bad when its so young.

4. I know.  It happens.  I have a Mazar x White Rhino that has just plain stunk since she had 5 nodes.  Grab some Ona gel to help if you really need to do something today.  It will help.

5. Have a good look for any problems with your grow if it stinking so early

6. If it stinks like ganja early, it is just heady ganja.  If it smells like something is wrong, be concerned.

7. #7 brixfix, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    I'm growing weed and it smells like weed. I also cooked bacon and cinnamon french toast this morning and wouldn't you know it, my fn house smells like bacon and cinnamon French toast.....who would of thought it.
    Just pulling your chain. Weed sometimes smells like weed. It happens, be happy.

8. 4 white widow clones 2 weeks in soil. I can smell them. I've grown them before. For me they always seem to smell for a few weeks at first then the smell seems to taper off(or I get used to it) only to come back later, much stronger. Its not to the stage of smell where I need to use my carbon filter yet, but eventually I will. Different strains do different things, there's strains with lower smells if that's what you're after. Me, I'm dropping a few god bud seeds later this week and from what I've read they have the potential to funk it up from the get go.....I hope so anyways.

On an unrelated side note those might be the last 4 plants I grow with bottled nutes. I'm going to give organics a try starting with the god bud and other seeds I'm putting down. I had to keep a few bottle plants going just to ease my mind about this organic thing, old habits are hard to break ;)

Attached Files:

9. Sweet little bitches!  Remove as many of the leaves that reach a week old (purple stalks) in order to hep her bush out for you.  It wont stress her in veg and will give you the most sites possible.  Try Blue Planet nutrients.  Their fully organic line has a feeding schedule that really takes a lot of guess work out of it.  I swear by it.

Your girls look great!

10. I've noticed that by about 3-5 weeks the smell starts to pick up during veg. If I pop a leaf off my strawberry cough, the whole room smells like the plant immediately. Would you happen to have any pictures, by the way? That way we can make sure that it's not necessarily something wrong, but is just the natural stench? You never know, after all!

11. thanks. I got organic soil marinading right now, that's why I'm waiting to put these seeds down. I'm trying to get away from bottles and feeding schedules, couple teas and some water is what I'm shooting for. I'm keeping some of these bottle babies around because I was a bit skeptical at 1st, but I've seen some awesome pics of organic plants on here

12. I understand.  Here is a sloppy pic of one tent.  Two weeks into flower.  No chems, only love.  

Attached Files:

13. You want a sloppy pic check this out its zoomed in and real sloppy but if you can see the pool and garage that's where a police officer lives a block beyond that is another officer. Odor control is my #1 priority, especially in my search to find the funk. Carbon filter and inline dumps the air from my tents into another room. If needed I also have another fan/filter that clears the room the tent is in and if that fails, the area where both those filters dump has another set up that dumps into the attic. I figured a few extra hundo in fans and filters would save me $ on antacids from being worried. Friends and family come over, I have kids and as you can tell live inside the lions den so to speak. Fortunately a move is in the future, but for now I'm good

Op your stink is good, enjoy it

14. Happens all the time. Ive had little
    Plants smell skunky at 2 weeks old.

15. Forgot the pic

Attached Files: