Plant one week into flowering need opinions

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blindguardian, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hey GC i have been working on this plant for a little over a month. This is my first grow. I used 4 6500K daylight 26 watt cfls for veg. And 4 ge reveal cfls 2700K 26 watt for flowering i believe. Shitty ass MG potting soil. After all the reading i've done on here next time i will be using fox farm soil. I built a little grow box out of a filing cabinet. With fans cycling air through the box, believe it or not it gets mad hot with the cfls, over 100 degrees so i keep it at right around 78 during the 12 on period, and 65 during the 12 off period. I figured its not that tall or vibrant because of the cfls, i ordered an hps so we will see if that makes a difference. Anyway i just think is looks like something is wrong with it so I have so pics to show you guys, maybe you can tell me what you think is wrong with it.

Attached Files:

2. Good afternoon,

Not too sure about the plant but you may want to consider making sure your cabinet is sealed so you have no light entering during your dark period...Even small amounts of light seapage will affect your plant negatively...

Good luck and you should get moe helpfull suggestions...:smoking:

3. She looks a little over fed. You can tell by the typical claw shape that some of your leaves have. Also the burnt tips can suggest over feeding. Other than that the plant looks fine for a one month old. I might consider changing soil if anything. Best of luck.

Check this site out, they have pics of plants that are grown in MG.

ganjaguerrilla-dot-net

4. I wouldn't change the soil now... It will stess the plant out way to much. Just hope she grows up good and good smokin! (maybe play some music for it, I have heard it helps!)

5. #5 blindguardian, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010

When the lights switch to 12 off, the closest its in stays light tight i believe. I will definetly double check. Thanks for the advice.

I definetly thought i might have been overfeeding. The MG i am using has the nutrient 3 month release, and being a noobie and all i added so my diluted nutes thinking it would need it. I will give it just water from here out. Thanks again

Yeah I will use different soil next time. Probably make my own seeing as they don't have foxfarm or anything decent around here. And I accually heard from a good friend of mine that there was a theory behind playing plants classical music. My guess is if anything the sound waves may mimick natures natural sounds. If that was case I can see how it would work. :)

6. Lol. Well, I dont think that music will magically bring your plant to good health. That's just a myth. The vibration your fan makes is good enough if your worried about sound vibration.

As for your lights. Your plant is very small and there really isnt any need for an HPS light. Sure it will help, but your problem here has nothing to do with your lights.

I would definitely seal the cracks around your cabnet. If you can see light coming out when your lights are on, then your plant can see light coming in on its night cycle.

As for your plants health. Right away I noticed your soil. Looks very dry with very little perlite. So I'm assuming that it doesnt drain too well, and your plant doesnt get much needed oxygen to the roots. You could have an over fertilization problem, due to the time release nutes that are in your soil, but your plant can also be starving for water. The soil looks very dry. You could also have a PH problem. Have you ever tested the run off of your plants? If not, I would start there.

Get some Reverse Osmosis water, and PH tester of some kind and some PH up and PH Down solution.

Set your PH to be around 6.2 - 6.6. Then flush every day for the next 2-3 days. When you flush, flood the pot with as much water that it can handle, or until it pours out the sides.

Then after that, get some nutrients that are made for flowering plants. Something thats low in Nitrogen and high in phosphorus and potassium. Follow the recommended amount on whatever nutes you get. If you can somehow measure the parts per million (PPM) of the nutrients, then shoot for around 1000 - 1200 ppm to start with.

Then if you water 3 times per week, one of those times add nutrients to it and after that you should be in the clear. Just make sure to get different soil next time. 1/3 Perlite soil is a good way to go. Oh.. and no time release nutes in your soil. That just makes thing way too tricky. Flushing may not even help.

7. If he's using MG, should he still be adding nutes?

8. i Think its turning out to be a male which sucks bad. But i am just gone try again but this time i will use better soil.

9. I'm assuming that MG, stand for Miracle Grow. That kind of soil will only feed your plants for a few months at max. Every time you water your plant, you flush out nutrients, making the soil weaker and weaker. So your pretty much going backwards. Your nutes start out strong and slowly become weak. Its supposed to be the opposite. Start out weak and slowly go stronger.

I'm totally against time released nutes in soil. All they do is make things very difficult. After doing a good flush, I would add light nutrients and see how your plant responds to them. If you start to get slightly burnt tips, then your at a good level. Not completely burnt, just slightly burnt at the very tip of the leaves. If you dont get any burning after a few days has gone by, then add a little more nutes. Keep slowly adding nutes until your plant respond to them.

When you get that little bit of tip burn, thats when you know your plants have had enough. Then just back off a little and let em grow.

10. Are you sure its a male? Post pictures.

If you do start again, use soil that doesnt have time release nutes in it and that has about 1/3 perlite.

11. The pictures below is why i think its a male. I put black circle around what i interprit as male flowers. Little green balls, not a single white hair. But let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

12. #12 white lotus, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    HPS lights will deff make a diff. I agree it looks a tad over fed but not in critical shape by no means. Did u mention anything about how you water? It might be lil over watered. Pics hard to tell but at that stage if you are not seeing the white pistols and the ball sacks come in pairs, yea....its a male

13. Yeah this grow is discouranging me, I dont think my soil has enough drainage to it. And I just want to start another, waiting on more seeds. And the HPS light. It frustrating because i put so much effort into to it, on a thin wallet of course. Maybe i should just fuckin sack up and buy some real seeds offline. But for the time being i would rather fuck up bagseeds until i get my growing routines down. Instead of wasting super expensive seeds.

I will probably keep letting it flower until i know for sure its not a female.

14. Looks like a male..

15. WORD. sounds like a good plan to me. Dont get to discouraged just think of it (cause it is) as an art and once you have prefected this art you get the benifits of producing your own dank ass buds. As for the expenses, for the most part its a one time investement with a few overhead charges. Bag seed sucks casue it seems like over half (like 65%) turn out to be males, but its deff good way to get a few growing techniques down.

16. I think that about bagseeds as well. But its defienetly better than fucking up a 60 dollar pack of ten good ones. LOL that shit would make me snap.

17. Google "Single Seed Co." You can buy feminized seeds from hundreds of different strains for only a few bucks. I've gotten a seed or two from there before. Only thing with that is your germination techniques. If there not good, you only have one shot.

18. I germinate with the normal damp paper towel and baggy trick, how would you germinate it?

19. I just pretreat 1" rockwool cubes, toss the seeds in the rockwool and throw them in my clone dome. I've gotten more seeds to sprout this way, over any other ways. And its simple.

20. Good deal man. Thanks for the info. I will give that a try. I have some ready to go for my second grow attempt right now. :smoking: