Plant not sprouting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by snowballl, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hey GC!:wave:

Alright, I have one plant under 200 watts of cfls. Her taproot came out of the ground and made a upside down u and went in the ground. Shes been like this for a couple days. Is there anything to worry about?

2. Pic would be good but here's the basic idea.

[​IMG]

It'll take a few days for her to come back out. You may want to bury the root if its still above the soil.

Also, you really don't need lights on the girl until she sprouts. As long as its warm and moist you're good.

3. Thanks, Ill remember pointed end up when I plant another plant!

4. You could actually use one cfl for your seed. Gradually increase with time. It'll help keep the plant from being too power hungry as well.

5. Thanks! Sadly that seedling died but two others have sprouted! :D

6. #6 azcactus, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    Good drawing. I did mine the old fashioned way. I punched a 1" to 1 1/2" deep hole in the soil with a pencil and dropped the seeds in. They must have known where they were growing, oops I mean going.

Hope your girls get straightened out and give you some fine tasting produce.

7. Thanks! Last year was my first grow but it was outdoors so it was a bit different.