plant not flowering...wtf?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greennewb, Feb 26, 2014.

1. has anyone ever had this happen to them before?i have a plant that i vegged for almost 2 months. about 18 days ago i flipped it over to flowering. however, so far it has shown absolutely zero signs that it is flowering. it's not a male nor a female that i can see. not a single little bud has formed yet. i know the lights are working fine because i've been constantly checking them to make sure they are going off at the right time. there are no light leaks in the room either. i've grown multiple plants in the exact same spot and i haven't had any issues until now.i'm going to repeat this because i really don't need to hear from people that it is just a light issue - it is not a light issue. the lights and timer are functioning perfectly fine. i have checked them again and again just to make sure. i know what a male and a female plant look like. this one doesn't have "balls" nor pistils. it has pretty much nothing at all so far.i'm curious as to whether this could be an issue with the seed/phenotype or not. my original plan was to screen of green this one, but the plant literally never reached the screen 8" from the top of the bucket even though i vegged it for 2 months. it grew. it just grew wider and the leaves kept getting bigger. i'd trim them off, but new ones would grow in and old ones would just grow bigger, so eventually i just gave up on the screen and started LSTing it a bit. hence, i was a little skeptical already as to whether this was a good phenotype or not (btw, this is a whiteberry seed from paradise seeds - i've germinated three of five seeds and cloned off of those in the past with no issues at all).in any case, i really don't know what to do. at this point i'll keep flowering it for maybe a couple more weeks or so, but if i don't see any buds showing by then i think i'm yanking it. probably going to start germinating another one now anyway even though the overlap is a pain in the ass for me. sucks as i wasted a lot of time on this one so far.is it possible that i have a ruderalis?

2. #2 Delightfully High, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    It would help to know the strain (sorry if I missed where you mentioned it) ,and how many weeks it's been a seedling/vegging ,and just so you know from what I know switching to a flowering cycle at such an early stage will harvest less bud ,and generally take longer than if you switched once you knew the sex. IMO You're essentially performing 12/12 from seed (look into the practice for more information).

Side note- If you don't know the strain then yes it's possible you're dealing with an "auto flower" (or ruderalis).

3. i mentioned this in the OP:

vegged for 2 months-ish - definitely not flowering from seed.
    seed is whiteberry from paradise seeds - this is the 4th out of 5 whiteberry seeds i've used from them. never had a problem with the first three.

4. No way in hell do you have ruderalis or any type of autoflower. it would have shown sex 6 weeks into veg.

5. fack. that's what i figured. idk wtf is going on then...

guess it's a tomato plant :(

Could be a sativa, I have some almost 5 weeks and the buds are suck ass wimpy and are in the same room with the same 1,000w light as the fatty indica buds.

I had some sativas take 3 weeks before they showed.

7. Then maybe the seed bank fucked up and gave you a different strain (possibly an auto flower) ,and also you've been in the vegetative state for two months and still aren't sure of the sex (the sex is generally genetically determined within the third and fourth week of veg (that doesn't mean the sex necessarily shows at this time)? Pics?

8. I'd listen to this guy ^^^^. I'm just throwing shots in the dark here. I've grown but no where near as much as he has.

9. that's interesting and good to know. it is mostly indica (iirc it's a 80-20 split), but at least that gives me some hope...

10. Well I can bet money it is a girl, girls are the last to show sex so be patient and she will reward you.