Plant might be dead?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by x69, Aug 15, 2011.

1. i germinated this seed about a week ago and i put it in the soil and checked on it 3 days later and it was out of the soil and it was already kinda leaning over and i watered it and the next day i checked on it and the leaves are starting to come like it starting to open up, but i dont know if theres something wrong with it since its like leaning down alot.

anyone help me?

Attached Files:

2. i heard it could possibly be because theres miracle gro in the soil. could that do anythign to the plant?

3. 2 more pics

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      63 KB
      Views:
  4. Id try to transplant it in a different type of soil and try not to use miracle gro, im guessing this is being grown outdoors because of the grass haha, it does look like its fighting just i think the soil is a problem and check on it daily from now on

5. thanks! ill try that and see what happens.

6. Np thats why im here :p

7. i havent transplanted it yet. i was planning on doing it today after school but when i got home i checked on it and it has been doing much better, heres a picture.

should i still transplant to different soil?

Attached Files:

8. Hmmm i would say no since it adapted it would cause transplant shock to do it once it got comfy, i would say leave it, but watch out for that leaf it looks burn or dieing, but don't worry its suppose to fall off just don't let the rest of the plant get like that.

9. It's a perfectly healthy seedling. No problems here.
    It was "leaning over" because it wasn't fully sprouted. It was still coming out of the soil.

Edit: Actually one of your baby leaves is dead, it's fine though.

10. plants dont die

11. Uhm yes plants do die or rot away, but he is suppose to loose those coteloyn leaves.