plant may be a hermi

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 72firebird396, Aug 4, 2006.

1. hi ive been reading on here for a month or two now, been alot of help. i have two plants in my back yard. its just bag seed i had in the cupboard that was a a year or two old. anyways one of my plants i put in my closet for early sexing and now one sex pistol with white hairs showed up near the top. at other nodes, on some at one side theres a single small spade thing forming. really small still. are they just formin pistils or male balls? cause all the pics of males i seen the balls are in groups of 2-3

2. nevermind its a female. took a closer look today and near the first one i saw there are 3 other pistils with the white hairs, and my other plant which isnt quite as old has totaly different looking things growin, so now i know i just have a male and a female so im happy.

3. Not to be nitpicky, but the hairs are called pistils.

Moving on... can you take some pictures of the female preflowers without hairs exposed?

4. i dont have a digital camera, but ill try with my phone. and hey atleast i said it right once.

5. the camera phone sucks ass so i tried drawin it, it sucks but it looks like it a basicly. the only deffinate pistils with hairs are in the top 2-3 upper most nodes on the mainstem. and theres like 6 of them. the others have these only so far on one side though only though. leaves are kind droopy cause its been 2 days since watering, some leaves brownin from what i think was ph imbalance, doin better. here are some pics my camera phone was too shity so i had to draw the little things in paint the last pic is of the plant two weeks ago when i first started flowering, since then ive trimmed the lowest fan leaves leaving only the growing colas
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Thanks for the picts man. Actually the one you drew is the most helpful. On mine the growths look pretty much the same. Just one conical, or spade growth, no 'stem' like it seems your drawing has. I do think i saw the first pistil yesterday, hopefully it will become more recognizable by mid August. The pistil i saw is literally the size of a hair.

Im still not a 100% sure on what i have, if i had some more experience i know i would have been able to tell a long time ago. But until they start to really to differentiate, ill just have to wait. I dont have a DigiCamera either, maybe soon ill get one.

7. yea no problem, i know my plant looks kinda pittifull, but its just some bagseed that i had and i wanted to test out my skills in growin after the plants i found growin in my front yard died. i think for the time i started though im doin pretty good, i started like jus over 2 months ago, i know its late for out door, but i live in cali and the temps are pretty mild and i just wanted to get exp and hopefully produce some smokable stuff. before i try buying some lights and grow some more serious plants in my back yard this upcommin season. but yea im pretty sure its a female now cause more hairs are showin up and my other plant i decide to keep is showing its sex more clearly and they look completely different. it just threw me off cause i thought the hairs whould show up at the older nodes lower on the plant not the ones near the top. also today i tied the main stem down on my lady. so hopefully the lower stuff will grow better.

8. They dont look pitiful. Most indoor clones wish they were that size. From what i hear they can grow 2 or 3 times theyre height during flowering.

Since my grow season is shorter than yours, i wouldnt LST this late, but you probly have enough time for it to reorient itself, and youll maximize buddage that way.

Good luck man, ill keeep an eye out for any updates you post.

9. Your pots are too small. I would transplant into 5 to 10 gal pots, you will see a huge change once you do.

Good luck!!

:D

P.S Don't trim leaves it will stunt growth. They will fall off on there own!

10. thanks, i was actualy just wondering if i should do that, even though ive probably transplanted that plant like 3 times already, im pretty carefull when i do it it shouldnt be too bad. i might just cut the botom out and add another bucket like that under neath

11. ok, well since i thought about it i just went ahead and cleaned out the 5 gallon bucket and transplanted it. i kinda fuked up tho, the root ball was pretty heavy and akward from the square bucket, and a couple of roots broke off when a little clump fell. not many, i mean there were a lot of roots as you might of guessed, and just a little one inch section broke off. im not too worried about it though. so yea theyre now in there final home and back in the lst training. its only been lsted for a day and its already pointin its leaves and colas in the right direction, so all should go well. im really only hopin to get enough for a few joints, as it is my first time.

12. Sounds like you did alright! Post some pics so we can see whats up.

grow safe