Plant maintenance: 1st week of flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xlxlxlxlxlx, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, my RDWC grow is in my sig. 11 plants (still not sexed...) and into first week of flower. I just switched them to 12/12 two nights ago. I topped these a little over a week ago and they only vegged for 3 weeks.

View attachment 955088

View attachment 955089

I am planning on at least 8 weeks in flower, and possibly longer like any good sativa :smoke:

What are some maintenance things I need to do for the plants? I read in another thread to trim 30% of the lower branches to push more energy upwards into the bud sites. I also read to not top again once into flower....so I guess unless I re-veg these for some reason (ie. 10 of the 11 are males...LOL) then no more topping.

Don't want to hermie anything, so I am being patient with the process.

2. #2 1badbruce, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Personally I wouldn't trim 30%. Just the lower leaves that don't get much light. As for topping, I start with about the fifth leaf set, I usually top twice & no later than about 10 days into flower, but I prefer to top in veg.
    I evaluate my plants once a week or so to see how their doing, check the color, the overall appearance, clean up any loose debris on the surface of thew coco, rotate twice a week in veg & daily in flower when the plants are bigger. In general I just pay attention to what their trying to tell me if anything & keep the room clean.
    I think keeping a journal, especially for a newb, helps incase I have to backtrack.
    Cheers:D

edit: staying out of the room during lights out, even if you have a green bulb. Making sure there are no light leaks, spend a couple of minutes in the room until your eyes are well adjusted to the light & you might find leaks that aren't necessarily obvious otherwise, I know I did.