Plant looks like it's dying?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jizzcatcher420, Dec 3, 2016.

1. hey I'm in Australia and im growing a pineapple chunk plant outdoors. Had it originally in just garden soil nothing else and was fertilising it gently but it was growing super slow so last week I transplanted it into coco coir and peat moss and potting mix with some blood n bone and cow manure. It doesn't seem to be doing any better.. looks like it's dying and leaves have a strange color. I have 2 other plants I grew in coco from the start and they're huge and healthy. Anyone have any idea what may ne wrong with it? I fertilise with liquid seaweed fertiliser.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Gardner2, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    sounds like transplant shock.

I wanted to answer you to offer support because I know you must be upset haha but I don't have any direct experience with pot yet just garden plants.

AFAIK MJ doesn't need loads of fertilizer. Frinstance if doing hydroponic, you can grow it under 30-50% of the fert. usually used on regular garden plants. So that probably means it's easy to overdo it on organics, too.

If that was my plant I would be concerned it would die due to overfertilizing, so I'd probably transplant it yet again into soilless medium and flush it to get most of the fert out of there and then leqave it alone for 2 weeks and see if it gets over whatever has gone wrong. I think most problems with pot are form over watering or over fertilizing so considering it's a robust ditch weed it's probably something you did, ie killing it with kindness.

I also could be utterly, totatlly , completely wrong, but that's what I would do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. you have bad soil, use soil with no nutes in it and it need to be very light and airy so the pot can dry out after a few days

4. Blood, bone and cow manure are high nitrogen and when freshly mixed up with heat the soil much hotter than plants like.

Also, for next time, add these things as a top dress. Manure needs to be aged by sitting out for a long long time till it looks like compost and doesn't resemble cow manure. You can speed this process up and add straw or leaves, then add several pounds if blood meal to activate it. Turn every four days five times then once a week. Once it looks like black decomposed compost, let it sit an additional month and then use that to mix in with your garden soil.

Your garden soil needed compost for your plant to thrive. It conditions the soil so it doesn't compact and adds biology to help break down the minerals and fertilizer in your soil.

For now, I would take clones before it gets worse for back up. Then I would stick your finger deep into the pots and if it feels hot, then eventually it will cool down and the plants will grow well.

There's a couple posts from today about this by zephyr in the No-Till Gardening: Revisited so here's a link. :)

5. Thanks guys. Only thing is I have 2 other plants in the exact same soil and they're growing beautifully ...

6. Thanks guys. Only thing is I have 2 other plants in the exact same soil and they're growing beautifully ...

7. Duuude i'm growing pineapple chunk too! And i'm from Adelaide. Did you get your seeds from bonza? Mines in coco/perlite and i'm using hydro nutes so i'm not i a position to give insight to your dilemma but i just thought it was cool that we have those similarities ahah.

8. im in sydney. bonza yes. i also got purple haze and white russian theyre doing perfect.. weird as fuck!! got fb or somethin??

9. These were all planted on the same day.. biggest one is g13 purple haze . Middle one in white is White Russian. The little fucked one is the pineapple chunk haha

Attached Files:

10. I bought from bonza with no luck at all, might have to try them again..
    And in my experience pineapple chunk does well with less nutrients then other strains it tends to stress really easily with just a bit to much nutes.. Best Buy a soil ph tester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Ppm meter*
    Getting late lol

12. i will buy a ppm meter. i can also spank my sausage when im high

13. What

• Like Like x 1
  14. you don't need a ppm meter in organics. what are you going to measure? you don't need one for seaweed bottled fertilizer. if all the others are doing well, then i would just leav it the fuck alone and water it till it snaps out of it. the others look great so i wouldn't worry.

15. thanks missing. ill just wait it out

16. you know, theres quite a few aussie folks who are on the thread i linked. you could find good sources for fertilizer or compost. stuff like that. come say hi :) or read some. whatever. welcome to GC!