Plant looks like its dieing please help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bdm80, Jan 24, 2013.

1. I'm using hydroponics dwc bubble bucket indoors, the strain is violater kush and the plant is 20 days old from seed. The light i am currently using is a 400w Mh and is 17" above the plant. The water source i used is distilled water, it gets fed 6.5ml of Grotek grow, 6.5ml of Grotek vitamax, 2 drops of superthrive 50% of the recommended dosage(1ml per L). The Ph is always between 5.5-5.8 and i curently do not have a tds meter, the temp in my room is 76.9F and the humidity is 10-15%. The size of the pot is 5gal bucket and i fill it with 13L of water or 3 1/2 gallons and there are currently no bugs in the grow room. The grow nute solution im using seems to have setteled pretty bad and there are little specks that come out of it that i see when i put it in my res. Any help is appreciated and i would like to get this problem under control asap thank you.

[​IMG]

2. Are you only using 6.5ml of that stuff for the entire 13 litre res?
    Do you shake the crap out of it for at least 10 secs before measuring?

I looked at their feed chart and you should be feeding between 2-3ml per litre Solotek grow and 1ml per litre Vitamax plus.
    So :-
    13L x 3ml = 39ml - Solotek grow - *32.5ml should be safe.
    13L x 1ml = 13ml - Vitamax plus

http://www.grotek.net/feedchart/FeedChart_Bloom&Grow.pdf

Also try using some normal water instead of distilled if it's of decent quality.
    Set pH to 5.5. If it's within 0.3 either side of 5.5 after mixing nutrients then don't bother adjusting. Check pH daily over a week and only adjust down if it rises above 6.2-6.3.
    Let us know how you go.

3. "when feeding small plants feed only 25%-50% of the recommended dosage" and if you look at the mild formula 25% of that would be .5ml per litre i shake the bottle for 5-10 minutes before using and its still comes out like that both my grow and bloom.

4. Could it be a def or is it nute burn?

5. I didn't notice that quote anywhere?

At the very least I'd go with 2ml/L of the grow and 1ml/L of the vitamax.

6. 100% confident it's major deficiencies.

7. but which def?>?

8. Any help????????????????

9. bump how do i fix this problem my ph is on key and im using 25% nutes

10. I thought we've established that the plant is way under-fed? It's deficient in every element because you're only feeding it 25% of what's already described as a 'mild' dosage.
    Feed it the full 'mild' dosage which is a minimum of 2ml/L grow and 1ml/L vitamax.
    You will not resolve your problem until you do this. I guarantee you'll thank me later.

11. thanks for the help, i added 6.5ml more of vitamax for a total of 13ml and 19.5ml more of grow for a total of 26ml i guess ill see how it goes and if it actually starts growing...