Plant looks dieing.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iarkey, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Well i haven't changed the amount of nutes or water. I just got home after a nice sunny day and it looked like this.

[​IMG]

Please help :(

2. Probably needs some water. Droopy leaves and stems are a sign of over and under watering.
    Your pot is to small for the size of the plant and would suggest going larger to avoid getting root bound....Nice plant..;)

3. Thanks, for the info. Also outdoors in the uk i wasn't expecting it to get that big so i had to top it a few times xD

ALSO any ideas about the top leafs yellowing?

4. Nice looking plant? Has it started to flower yet? If not, you can expect it to double in size by harvest time unless it gets stunted..... which is what's going to happenif you don't transplant ASAP.

Put that puppy in a larger pot (at least double what it's in) and watch it perk right up. try to go with as big as 10 gallon pot if you can as you probably have a couple more months left til harvest.

5. Surphlur deficiency is a sign but, that is very rare. More than likely chlorosis caused by poor drainage, damaged roots, compacted roots, high alkalinity, and nutrient deficiencies.

Check your ph to assure your ph is 6.3-6.8. If your ph is ok I would transplant to a larger pot. I would transplant even if ph is ok...

1 gal container for every 12" of height is the rule of thumb. Your plant has already exceded that and will double in size after it goes into flowering.
    Could be another reason for the droopy leave as the root mass is getting to big to hold moisture. If water runs off heavily after watering and you have to water more often is another sign that the root mass is overtaking the container.

6. New here dont know where to put this but my plant is flowering and im using maxigrow and maxi bloom nutes in 5 gallon hydro tank with 2 airstones bubbling away. 4 23 watt cfls ph is 6.0 why are leaves drooping? Is this normal or can i fix the problem easy? Grow nutes is .5 teaspoon per gallon and bloom is 1 teaspoon per gallon change water weekly. Any help is good help cause im a newbie. Thanks

Attached Files:

7. Hey crusty post your ? in the hydroponics forum...You will get lots of help there..:wave:

8. It does look dieing...or at least kinda stressing. It looks like it was just watered. If it was me, I'd change to a larger pot, because it seemed to be doing fine before it got too big for its britches. Cola farmer I think, is right.