Plant leaves look odd.. can you help?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by njcanada1, Aug 25, 2020.

1. First time grower outside. New grower. Plant has looked healthy mostly, but a few weeks ago I noticed some issues: spider mites and white powdery mildew. I got bastille peppermint soap and neem and have been applying and that seems to have fixed or at least controlled that situation. Also pruned back the source of mildew which was a rose bush gone wild - cut it back and applied soap+neem as well. Rose leaves look much better now too.

Plant gets 4hrs partial sun, 3-4hrs peak daytime sun now in late aug.

My main concern are some leaves seem twisted and deformed, not all, but some. I've attached some pictures. Did a lot of research and some ideas are PH level (but its outside?), nitrogen toxicity (although I'm light on nutrients outside), or phosphorous deficiency?

can anyone help?

IMG_3241.JPG IMG_3242.JPG IMG_3243.JPG IMG_3240.JPG

2. Pluck them off. See if any other leaves start to look wonky. They dont look super bad but at first glance it could be a small root problem. It isnt pH imo. From what ive seen in my own gardens is that pH causes a different kind of twist. pH is more of a curved end and less of an actual twist. The leaves look like a scimitar sword if its a pH problem, kinda Like a sword from Aladdin lol. They swoosh over to the side.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This looks like some taco action or mutations possibly. It could be genetic. Ever seen the ducks foot strain or the freak strain that looks like a common garden shrub. The freak strain looks nothing like cannabis at all and ducks foot looks weird as shit.
    Id pull the wonky leaves and watch to see if the wonkiness spreads. If it spreads and starts looking bad my bet would be a root problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. no biggy you did well with your weekly neem oil show

encourage the breeze way use the rose as a control unit as often they are so inbreed is a joke

as the rose fails so will the weed!

good luck