Plant leaves curling, pics included.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xThrowBack, Oct 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The plant is 16 days old, I thought it was heat stress and it started about 3 days ago. I was spraying the plant with water every now and then to keep up a higher humidity in the box but I guess I should have read a little more about that because that is apparently bad for the plants.

3x 26 watt CFL bulbs in a 2 foot by 2.5 foot box. I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil.

Only the bottom leaves look bad, they are curling the worst where the leaves connect to the branch.

Is this anything to worry about? The temps are low 80's high 70's and I moved the plant about 2 inches further from the light.

2. So are you saying it is time to start using nutrients or should I just start by increasing the zinc?

3. They look very healthy too me. Dont spray them they will get all the moisture they need from the soil. Your doing fine!

4. Thanks that just made me feel a lot better haha, I was worried I just did some rookie mistake that is gonna fudge up my girl.

Is it possible that the leaves are curling like that because the leaves under them are starting to grow out? I noticed that the leaves were sorta colliding with each other and I they began to overlap each other until I fixed it.

5. I would still wait for a little more severe signs of twisting leaves... bcoz I really can't see any leaves that are twisting unnaturally or maybe im too stoned! :smoking:

6. Nope. They are full of water/ nutrients. Perfectly normal. Ive never used OF soil so Im not sure the nutrient content but in general I start feeding when they have leaves with 7 blades and that is a feeding of 1/2 strength nutrients. I am impressed with the nice green color. Good job!

7. Ah you guys are so nice! Thank you!

This is my first grow so I just want everything to go perfectly, I am surprised how quickly the plant has grown in only 16 days. With OF soil I heard you can wait up to 24 days for using nutrients so I will just wait my full 24 days then start with 25% of the nutrient formula and see how the plants react. Then I will bump it up to 50% of the nutrients before I do the next watering and so on.

8. Playin it safe. Wise my friend, wise. Keep up updated :wave: