Plant just doesnt look 100% healthy, helps figure it out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by darkcloud, Aug 20, 2009.

1. #1 darkcloud, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil

What brand and type of soil? Fox Farm OF

Indoors or outdoors? Indoor

What strain? 2 are Purple Kush 2 are Green Crack

How old are the plants? I purchased the clones aug 5 or 6. Which they were already decent size, so they were probably atleast 2weeks old before I got them.

What type of lights and how many watts? 1 Reflector that is a "Super Spectrum" reflector that holds 2 ballast, so I have 400mh and a 600hps in the single reflector.
    How far from the lights?The reflector is kinda far up, I think about 30inches away from highest plant. I am waiting on more chain to come in to lower it.

What is your watering frequency and source of water? Generally every other day or every 2 days. Usually it will be 1 watering just plain distilled or r/o water. Then next watering will be the main nutes (Pure blend pro grow) then next watering will be 2nd nutes (Pure blend grow). All nutes are organic.

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Plain water yesterday (tuesday), and before that NPK was on sun. The plants are just sucking up all the water it can get. I fill till i see some drainage in the saucer (which ends up being 1/2gallon in a 3gallon pot). Then by next day the water is gone, and by day after i can stick my finger an inch down and feel dry soil.

What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? pH is always been between 6.0-6.7

What are the temps and humidity in the room? Humidity generally stays right at 30%, sometimes goes lowest of 20%. Temps is highest 80f, lowest 68, generally stays mid 70s.
    What size pots? 3gallon

Any bugs? Look real close. Have looked over and over. Even with magnifying, cant see any.

Any other pertinent info? Like I said they havnt been very healthy since I bought the clones in the store. They are definitely doing better since I transplanted them. But I worry I am doing something wrong. Any pointers or tips are appreciated. How are my waterings and feedings? I am using full strength from the organic nutes and havnt seen any burn. They seem to be growing real well, generally an inch a day.

Plant #1: Has little black spot on the top of the leaf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant #2: Has nicks and cuts or something like that on its leaves towards the top
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant #3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant #4:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. Ok, added it to first post. Thanks

4. You said you fed them 2x this week, Sun/Tuesday. How much did you feed them? 300ppm, 600, 1000?

5. On sunday I gave them the Pure blend pro nutes which ended up being 1 tablespoon per 1/2 gallon since each plant ended up getting 1/2 gallon of water. I personally didnt even check the PPM.. I have the sensor I guess I should of checked.. But i was told unless running hydro and dealing with lots of chemicals I really dont need to worry about PPM. I am going to feed them today, I can stick my finger an inch down and feel dry soil. And there hasnt been water in the saucer for over 24 hours now.
    Should I be feeding them this regularly? One feed just water, next feed w/NPK nutes, next day w/2nd nutes, repeat? I heard its damn near impossible to over nute with organics and just gonna help the plants grow.

6. Hmmm, I'd fertilize once per 3 waterings. That's my personal thing, I can't say it has any merit other than it works for me. The twisting up and down leads me to believe it's a nutrient amount issue.

7. #7 darkcloud, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    Well for what its worth, last sunday was the first time I had given them any NPK nutes. I had just transplanted them a week before, and the plant looked like it hadnt rooted yet so I was giving it some time before I gave any nutes. So i gave it some time, it picked back up, then started giving nutes Sunday... Do you think it was possibly just a little low and now that it will be back on a regular schedule itll be better?

So how often do you use npk and then micro nutes? You said NPK every 3 waterings, so how often should I use the "Pure blend" if iam using the "Pure blend pro" every 2-3 waterings?