Plant is thin and unproductive

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BuickBud98, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hey guys thank for looking. I have been growing an unknown strain that seems to be a pure sativa that I found by our local quarry( I didnt steal them, I found a few plants that had no signs of human intervention, they were very unhealth and had hermied into oblivion, this is a seed from the plants). Im about three weeks into flowering and the buds look very small and have very few hairs coming off them. The lower buds have no hairs whatsoever. I have a bunch of pics of the plant and my grow box so please feel free to critique it and maybe shed some light on my issue. A few side branchs are missing due to a light falling on them and cooking them.. Stats are below-

What type of medium; soil or hydro?- Soil
    What brand and type of soil?- Garden safe organic potting soil
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Unknown
    How old are the plants? Maybe three months old?
    What type of lights and how many watts? 6 cfls, all rated at 42 watts. Four of which are soft white for flowering
    How far from the lights? Anywhere from 3-10 inchs
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Once a week (soil seems to retain water)
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Fed once a week with Alaska Natural bloom, 0-4-2
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Unknown
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Unknown

Attached Files:

2. stretched too

if these were mine I'd maybe re veg

with a view to re planting outside once warm enough

if you do reveg 18/6 ensure you go cool white with the cfls

as the blue light/ 6500 kelvin will encourage much needed horizontal growth

otherwize continue as you are

move the cfls right down to within an inch of the leaf

vip lift the pot

THINK before you water

good luck

3. aluminum foil only has about 30% reflectivity, so your wasting a lot of light by not having a reflector. id recommend going to your local hardware store and getting some reflective isolation. its very cheap and i think you will get better results.

4. Okay I heard you guys loud and clear, Although you guys didnt really offer any insight to my questions on why its the plant is the way it is. I would prefer not to reveg because im itching to get medicated and havent smoked in a long time. Is there Anything I can do to help the plant out or is it pretty much ruined? Any ideas on expected yeild?

5. the plant is stretched because its not getting enough light, and your yield in your plants current state will be underwhelming due to the fact that it cannot support that much weight. if you re veg then yout stems will get thicker and and your plant will be able to support more. keep in mind your plant is going to probably double in size during the flowering phase.

6. Okay I understand now. Its its gonna grow that much more I might as well toss it in the trash because I just dont have the space. Thanks for the help guys

7. i personally woulnt you could flower that one. "keep in mind your plant is going to probably double in size during the flowering phase." meaning the stem as well. get proper reflective materials for your walls and i think you might be good

8. Yeah I figured that as much, I just dont have the space to accommodate it thought. Its just about outgrown its box, I did a little lst because I thought that that would stop its upwards growth and make the side branches grow a bunch more. Idk I will have to see how it goes. Does anyone have any idea why the buds look so thin and why the bottom branchs have no white hairs, compared to the top of the plant?

9. i think its just still early
    some strains take longer to flower than others
    the branches that get less light produce less buds. the only branches that are flowering are the ones right next to the light

light seems to be your biggest issue with this grow.

10. Okay that makes sense. Next paycheck I will invest in a whole bunch more cfls. Im running 6 42 watters now, do you think 8 or 10 would do?

11. #11 WeedBoi69, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    get 1 or 2 long tube clfs and mount them on your walls with the reflective isolation. that combined with your current setup should be fine. what are your current cfls, 1600 lumens?

12. The cfls I have are 2700 lumens. How many watts are the long tube cfls, are they big beefy things? And thanks for taking the time to try to help me out man I really appreciate it.

13. np. i think your fine with the lights you have, just take out that foil

14. Sounds good man will do.

15. I would look at low stress training or super cropping. Pure sativas take a long time to finish but the wait is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Save your pennies invest in sufficient lights. A couple quantum boards or a 600w mh can both be done for under 200$. CFL are a waste of money.

Ez

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Thats the plant ezreal, I get paid tomorrow so im gonna go to menards and get a good light, hps or or mh as you described