Plant is growing too fast

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by baileybolton, Nov 21, 2013.

1. I have a 5 foot AK47 that just now is starting to show her white hairs....
    The plant was in a box by itself with a 68W CFL 4200 lumen light.. And te plant grew like mad! I was wondering if any other more experienced growers could give me an idea on how tall this baby will be after harvest? Or how much bigger it will get? And it's probably too late to too her now isn't it?

**ill post pics if requested

2. Pictures are requested. A 5 foot plant with 68 watts is hard to believe. 

Not at all - I'll bet it's stretched as heck.

To the OP:  Not much you can do now but I suggest you add more light if you want a decent yield.

4. This isn't how the plant was before.. It got too tall for the box it was in! But that's the light! It was only about $16.00 at lowes and it works like a charm! (I also had it horizontal) don't you want to normally have cfls vertical for best light?

Attached Files:

5. Holy crap, better ship me that bulb

6. Perfect example of what happens when you grow a plant under a single low output bulb.

Back to the drawing board for you Sir.

7. you'll get about a gram off the top lmfao.

8. That plant is getting it's Stretch on.  It's giving all it's got to reach that little gleam of light in the distance.  Kinda how you look at the water surface, just as you drown, and think your last though "Damn... it's just right there."

9. So I've never heard if this "stretch" before but I understand what it is!
    How much do you think this girl will yield ?.. /:

10. You Can literally grow any plant with a single cfl bulb, but when you flower and try to get better/more fruit out of your plant that's when/where you want power from your light source...with little wattage comes little fruit...not saying it impossible to go from seed to harvest in your situation, but your end product does not out weigh the time and effort. Gets some more bulbs in there so that the fruit of your labor will be worth it.

L.

11. Also its a lot better to keep the bulb horizontal...that's where the bulbs put out the most lumens. Not out of the tip of the bulb

12. #12 GoldGrower, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    if you turn the bulb off and look straight at the end you will see one coil of the tube. if you look at the side you will see many half coils. you should see which is best quite easily.

the light isn't powerful enough to give you much yield but if your not going to add more light bend the top of the plant over so you have more plant closer to the bulb. also get a reflector because even if you use the light horizontally you are losing at least half of the light given off. if your not prepared to spend money on one make one out of a couple of beer cans

have a look here...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/1260046-diy-beer-can-reflector-cfls.html?p=18995039

13. Yeah that plant isnt stretched, at least not much, most of these noobs couldnt grow a plant any better than that with an hps

14. If you had minimal nodes and a weak stalk i would call it, but it actually doesnt look bad,

15. The stock on this plant is crazy! From the very bottom.. All the way to the very top of the plant.. It's nice and thick! And the branches are coming along thicker too! (Should I have a fan blowing on her?)

16. plant is not gonna do shit like you want it to.  more light or stop growing.  anyone saying this plant isnt stretching should refrain from tossing around the "newb" word.  glass houses and all

17. #17 washedmothafuka, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    Lol...what a waste of space. I'll get a higher yield off my 10" autoflowers.

Edit: The only piece of advice I could offer is to LST it so that the middle bud sites will receive just as much light as the top. Essentially, because you only have such a small amount of light, it would of been ideal to flower that plant MUCH earlier.

18. very nice GG! i'm diggin it. if only they made cheap double parabolic cfl reflectors for propagation, but you polished off that issue with a great DIY design. not to mention you have to drink beer to get the thing going. **you better drink for your plants' health** haha

OP, like many have said, you'll need to either bend your plant over or at least give a shit ton of supplemental side lighting. I noticed in the picture you have a lot of other plants and what looks like a much larger light. maybe its time to move the ak into there?

19. or take a massive amount of clones if you're not too far into flower, reveg for a week or two, and flip the lights and sog it up.