plant is growing on an angle

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FMBrecords, Jun 16, 2010.

1. So my plant seems to be coming along pretty good. Getting a nice sweet smell coming from it today. But it is growing on an angle. I lost my camera so I cant put up pics yet. hopefully i can borrow one from someone today. Any adice on what to do? if im looking at it the stem its growing on an angle to the left. can i just put a string across to push it more upright?

2. Yes... id support it and put soil as high up the stem you can

3. put a bamboo stake or something similar just next to the plant. i wouldnt worry about hurting the roots, but thats me. tie the plant to the stake making sure to leave a loose knot on the stem of the plant about 1/2 way up or so. if its in a pot, tie the string, again loosely, around the main stem, and pull it in the other direction and tack it or tie it to the rim of the pot. very simple stuff here.

4. Indoor or outdoor?

5. How close are your lights...and tie that plant to a stick . Or you can lst and keep it low and you wont have to worry about tall plants that fall over. I think LST makes my stems bigger too. When I started my grow the plant started in a small pot it grew tall...not the tall you get from high lights but it was a good size. I transplanted it into its final pot( I keep them small ) and I put in low in the pot so I could burry the stem until I had about 1in from the growth, I did cut the bottom two branches to burry it but they grow roots!!!!!

6. are you flowering already??? if ur not flowering yet ide lst it instead of steakin it up.

7. No im still vegging. on day 29 since I put the seed in soil. Ive posted before that im pretty sure im a little behind because of poor lighting. only had 46w 3500k cfl at first and only recently (8 days ago) i switched to 150w 6500k cfls. lots of growth since then. i tied a loose knot around the stem with some thin rope (what home depot uses to tie stuff to cars) they gave it to me for free and tied it to the edge of the pot. its my first grow so I kind of dont want to mess with that plant too much. just want to learn what actually goes on during the different stages. finally got a camera today but the battery died so im waiting for my friend to get me the charger. Ill post pics up hopefully within in hour or 2.

8. and the light are ususally 1-3" away. ssince i teid it i there about 4-5" away right now. have it in my closet and i zipped tied two power strips to the bars that use to hold my clothes lol and and plug the bulbs (6) right into the power strips and just raise the bars when needed