Plant is 11 days from popping through the soil. Hasn't grown in 2 days.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Asterixal, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Autoflower was growing fine and doesn't seem to have grown at all. It came above the soil 12 days ago and hasn't really grown for 2 days. It's currently 24 inch below a Mars 2 400w led. Temp is 23.5 humidity 60 to 65. First grow am I being impatient? I'm using biobizz light mix and haven't started using any nutes.. is that why it hasn't grown. Pics below from 2 days ago and looks similar.

Attached Files:

2. patience growing weed is about time it takes almost 2 months for your buds

3. Hi yeah I know I need patient lol. New parent syndrome. First grow ever and it had just hardly grown in 2 days. Should I start using biogrow in a few days at half strength as autoflower only takes 56 to 60 days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blogrow? like fertilizer?

5. if you're fertilizing i recommend waiting until the starting fall off

6. Biobizz light mix soil I've used planted seedling in final pot 11l. Got biobizz grow and bloom nutes but haven't used any yet as they say only use after at least 2 weeks as soil has the nutes needed. Think I'm just being paranoid. I'm just using tap water and have no PH test kit. All 4 seeds have germed but the one in pic is the oldest. There's no burning or yellowing on the baby so I think it's healthy. Well see in a few days.

7. Since you're using 11 Liter pots for a plant of this size be absolutely sure that you don't wet all of the soil - you should only water at the plant and an appropriate amount of water - currently like 50ml (ballpark figure!) per day or so. If you wet all of the soil it will be wet for a long time since there's no roots yet in the vast majority of soil to suck up all the water, then there's only evaporation left to get rid of the water. Also any water that just evaporates will leave nutrients in the soil so it can build up.
    Make sure the soil dries out properly between watering. It should only feel lightly moist and nowhere near wet when you water again. Too much water can certainly halt growth - but your plant looks pretty fine to me, so...

I'm not sure about the LED lighting but it seems to be at a reasonable distance. No stretching and it's been growing fine till now.

Are pH levels good? Hard water can have pretty damn high pH. Mine is 8,5.

You don't want to add nutrients at this stage, especially if there's any sort of nutrients already added to the mixture you're growing in. Then it is better to wait till it starts to show minor symptoms of deficiency as that is much less harmful than giving it too much causing nutrient burn.

Patience... Take a picture straight down now and take one in 12 and 24 hours or something, you'll likely notice the most recent leaves will grow in that timeframe, if not by much at least a little.
    Don't be tempted to give it nutrients or additional water, just be patient.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

// zpdr

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hi mate thanks for the info. Just got in from work. Ok I give it about 40nl a day give or take. It's been above the soil for 11 days. It's under 24hr light. Don't know PH just using tap water. Temp is 21 to 25 usually 23.5ish with humidity at 40 min but usually between 50 to 70. Got 3 other autos going which came above the soil 48hr ago. One has brown on it when the shell didn't call off. Top 2 pics are of the 11day old which is dark green? and the 2 middle pics are of one of the 48hr old ones that has a brown bit on it with a red dot it looks like. What you reckon throw it?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. A bit difficult for me to judge the colour of the plants due to the purple'ish light from the LEDs, so no clue if one is more or less green than it should be xD
    But overall the shape and form looks okay to me!

To judge from the pictures your soil mix is mostly peat moss with a bit of perlite, right? No leca, stones or gravel?
    In that case you probably want to give it 2-3 days between watering, allowing the top few inches of soil to get completely dry and the lower levels to be slightly moist but not wet. It seems the most common mistake is overwatering, so if you're around the plants and can check on them fairly often try to avoid watering until you get too scared by the look of the dry soil or preferably till you actually see visible signs of lack of water.

Temperatures seem good overall, but as far as I can tell concencus seems to be that slightly warmer is better and should aid growth, so 25-26 is better than 21-22. I have my plants of roughly the same age as yours (photoperiod though, not auto) at 26 to 28°C and between 35 and 45% RH - a bit low RH according to many people out there but I've got no issues so far. I wouldn't go above 55-60% RH for anything but clones (they need 80%+) since it only seems to have some undesired side effects with high RH.

You might want to check the pH of your water. I've had some weird issues with especially one plant and a few other plants with differing symptoms in an otherwise identical setup. Plants about the same age as yours.
    It turned out my tap water was 8,5 pH so I tried to adjust it down to around 6,0 using a few drops of lemon juice and within 24 hours after watering there was a clear improvement overall with regards to these weird symptoms that I previously couldn't figure out what was. I can only attribute the problems to my water being too high pH since changing just that thing resulted in immediate improvement. Tap water isn't just tap water.
    You can use a cheap test kit from GHE or similar that can measure the range around 4 to 9 or so.

It can happen that seelings simply die early on after initially looking and growing properly, but as far as I understand that shouldn't happen this late when it has properly developed a few set of leaves - but I'm not really sure about that.

// Zpdr

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good advice there. Get a cheap ph pen or a ph test kit and make sure you aren't way out of balance. I've seen good results anywhere from 5.8-7.0. Outside that you'll run into some funky stuff. An EC meter would be a good investment too. My tap water is 7.8ph and 748ppm which alone will cause all sorts of issues with the plants. Get some spring water or distilled if you don't want to test your tap. It's usually fine as is. maybe add a little calmag if you do go bottled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks guys. I might get a ph tester. I am growing in just biobizz light soil.got the grow and bloom nutes aswel. First grow so I ain't expecting a gram per watt lol. Yeah it doesn't get above 25 in there and I don't even have my 125mm rhino fan on so I don't know of that's gonna cool it down more. Might need to leave my heater on in the room.

12. You're welcome! :)
    Considering how much it costs just to power the lights for a month.... you can get a pH test kit for something like 10-20% of that amount of money... So IMO it really isn't worth not getting right away, even 5% increased yields and you're way past breaking even on that investment.

// Zpdr