Plant in 3rd week of flower being eaten alive, help!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Snwboardr9876, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Okay so some background...I have four plants. A grapefruit, a cannalope kush, an ICE, and a durban poison.

My durban just started flowering 3 weeks ago, I added Epsoma Tomato Bloom and some Epsoma Bone Meal after week one and about two days later I thought I noticed something missing but I wasn't sure until the next day when the eaten parts turned black and there was more gone in other places.

I used Miracle Gro Moisture Control soil, I know not the best but it yielded damn good for me last year and they have grown great for me. PH is at 6.6 The other 3 are on Epsoma General Plant food since they are still in VEG.

Here's what they should look like ofcourse...

[​IMG]

Here's some of the bud being eaten...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously this is the only plant with buds being eaten on since it's the only one flowering but I pretty much know as soon as the other 3 start budding the same thing is gonna happen so if I can at least figure out what the hell is eating this one maybe I can save the others.

There are a couple leaves bitten off as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay so the only thing that I have seen on them...day and night are leaf hoppers and they have been there for a while too, on all the plants.

[​IMG]

Also yesterday I saw this thing for the first time. He flew in, looked like he took a bite of a bud then started getting fucked up, like wobbling around. This was right after I sprayed my hot sauce concoction on (two tbl spoons of tabasco, two tbl spoons of insecticidal soap and a quart of water). I've been spraying this for the past three days with no signs of helping. I'm guessing after it dries it just goes away and it only hurts a bug when it comes in contact with it. Any way here's a picture of the big bastard. My guess is maybe an adult leaf hopper? Could these things be eating the bud all the way down to the stem?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than these bugs the only other thing that I can maybe think of is there is a stray cat that roams around but the way the eating starts out on the bud it just looks like its too fine to be from an animal of that size. I dunno I'm really in need of some desperate help.

Thats a lot of info there, if you guys have any other questions, please ask.

Just another grower in search of some dire help!

2. Beautiful plants too, and the BUG is great I'll take a copy of it for my collection and ID, the sucker later..lol.
    Meantime nip down to your horty shop and get some NEEM OIL

to my blog here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/31964-neem-oil.html, don't appy during the last 2 weeks of bad.

peace
    "V"

ps great pics

3. Tried it brother, sorry forgot to mention that one. Actually I think I only sprayed that once though. Maybe I'll try it again and give it a fair shot this time for a few days huh?

4. No other opinions? Pictures don't get much better than that right? Lol

5. Neem is a slow killer may take over a week to get any result

peace
    "V"