plant identity crisis

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by J's word, Aug 23, 2007.

1. i was just curious as to if anyone could tell me the strain of MJ i am growing? i only have one plant and its a female do i need a male plant around?im sending some pics to see if anyone can take a guess i know it was a seed from bagweed it doesnt look bad at all hope the pics are good!

2. heres one pic got to get some more

Attached Files:

3. I don't know what strain it is, but it looks like it's got thrips, or mites on it. You should get some Neem oil and make a bug spray, or that little sucker is going to get eaten. See the sticky grow guide in the sick plants and problems forum.

4. there is no way to tell what exact strain of plant it is just by looking at it....but it seems to me like you have an idica dominant plant becasue those are characterized by short and fat leaves while sativas are long and skinny

5. no those were from a long time ago the bugs are not eating it anymore i just never cut the leaves and is an idica dominant a decent bud?

6. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1807103" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>J's word</TD><TD class=alt2>plant identity crisis
    <HR>i was just curious as to if anyone could tell me the strain of MJ i am growing? i only have one plant and its a female do i need a male plant around?im sending some pics to see if anyone can take a guess i know it was a seed from bagweed it doesnt look bad at all hope the pics are good! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Purple funky Monkey........sounds kool no.:cool: Call it that.

7. it depends on what ur preference of high is.....an indica high is a more "stoned" narcotic like feeling, a body high really,....and sativas are more cerebral, and uplifting, they get ur mind stimulated and ur thoughts flowin

8. Yeah I like all the highs personally, but some people prefer one or the other. Indicas at their best (for me anyway) make you feel extremely relaxed and happy, sociable too. Indicas at their worst make you tired and lazy and I usually fall asleep after an hour or two. Indicas usually have really strong pungent aromas and are more likely to have you coughing your lungs out. Garlicky, skunky, and hashy are the main indica scents/tastes I run into. They're also very sticky.

Sativas at their best are trippy, giggly, speedy, and euphoric (l'd almost describe it as a chemical euphoria not the indica "everything's just fine" feeling). At their worst, they can make you a paranoid wreck. They usually have a sweeter smell, like mango or citrus, and are very smooth on the lungs. They're not very sticky but don't let that fool you.

In most places "dank" bud is mostly Indica and shwag/mids are mostly Sativa (though some high mids are indica). Sativas aren't inherently less potent, it's just that schwag/mids are grown in less than ideal environments and not given a proper cure. Also they're sometimes harvested really late to increase yield, in which case it'll give you a couchlock stone even though the buds are sativa-structured, and sometimes they're harvested too early to avoid the cops in which case you'll probably just get a mild buzz and then a huge headache-ridden burnout (all the seed oils cause the headache, even if you pick them out the oils are in there and this is why it usually burns black and tastes disgusting). Still good mids that are compressed and probably have a few seeds but still get you high, that's what a sativa high is like.

9. i dunno about you but ive never felt "euphoric" off midds

from my experience, most headdies that ive came across have been sativa while middies being badly grown indica

10. Headies is usaully dank indica^