Plant Hormone Production

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Possuum, May 26, 2012.

1. ...and more...

"Big time - doing your own thing is always better and it's a fun learning project/process.

You can 'also' take sprouted barley seeds/berries and let them grow out an inch or so and then add the EM-1 product making a 'barley enzyme fermented plant extract' which you could bottle and sell to organic vegetable gardeners as they're probably fighting heat issues as well.

Lots of spokes on the wheel to get to the center as the expression goes!

Alfalfa sprouts are also a good thing to grow and ferment. It's probably the best use of alfalfa sprouts that I can come up with since eating them is on par with dining on steamed broccoli or boiled parsnips.

YMMV however!

LOL

LD"          

2. Great article! Thank you greatly for sharing. This quote got me going tho lol.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >In their talks to us every one of those organic farmers related how their crops had a “vitality” that conventionally sprayed and chemically fertilized crops didn't have, and that organic crops were naturally resistant to most pests and diseases. The majority of the UC agricultural science faculty at that time at best dismissed these claims, just as they generally dismissed all things to do with organic farming, which at least one professor called “voodoo agriculture”, and often ridiculed the farmers' views as a regression to “primitivism”.

</blockquote>
    Just goes to show the more you learn the less you know lmao

There is a natural resistance (more like an active team of organisms) that organically grown plants have primarily because the complete natural system hasn't been disrupted by synthetic "fertilizers".
    Again, thank you for sharing!

Aloha
    SD

3. Holy crap Sean! I was just talking about you over in the vermicompost thread...your ears must've been itching :laughing:. If I remember correctly, don't you have a worm bin in a smart pot?  

4. I have a 100 gallon smart pot / worm bin. Speaking of that I need to go water it down lol. Thanks for the reminder.

5. Yeast extract as foliar spray, choc full of plant hormones, peep this article, let me know what you think. I just ordered some yeast extract off amazon, that's what I think lol. "Foliar application with yeast extract at 50 ml/l and zinc at
    75 ml/l gave the maximum values in Auxins and cytokinins while
    gave the highest reduction of abscisic acid in leaves of faba bean at 80
    days after sowing during 2007 season. Other studies have been got
    similar results (Davis and Zhang, 1991; Marchner, 1995 and Nakhlla,
    1998). They concluded that Zn is required for the synthesis of IAA.
    Also, yeast extract has been reported to be rich source of vitamins,
    phytohormones and many other growth factors (El-Desoukey et al,
    1998)."

here's the link
    http://r.duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bu.edu.eg%2Fportal%2Fuploads%2FAgriculture%2FBotany%2F1299%2Fpublications%2FMohamed%2520Ahmed%2520Mohamed%2520Mady_Mady%25208.pdf