Plant Hormone Production

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Possuum, May 26, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Possuum38North"']

For now my head hurts from reading. Think for now I'm gonna just go with the microbes. According to Messr's Lewis and Lowenfel the microbes produces specifically GBA and cytokinin. So, for those two hormones we'll let the microbes decide.

Kinda already covered auxin and ABA. On the subject of ABA, and this is my personal belief with no basis in science (read that as 'stoner science'), when I witness a yellowing or otherwise unhealthy leaf during flower - SNIP - off it comes. This is in a 'stoner effort' to hasten the production of ABA and just get it out of the way or stop it in its tracks.

My bro-n-law tells me that the way to make a hormone is simple; "Don't pay her!" BaddaBoomBadaBing :D[/quote]

I agree. With just about everything I've been reading, we've been doing just about everything we can to NATURALLY stimulate as much PGRs as we possibly can already.

Just to be clear, when you snip the leaf. You're cutting it at the leaves stem right? Im just trying to confirm so i can continue the same practice ;).

Oh and tell your brother in law stop being a dick! They have to get through college somehow LMAO. Ok that wasn't nice :p im sry lol

2. Yeh I just give 'em a gentle tug really. When they are 'ripe' they pull off very easily. No snipping really.

And grow-bro, dude... if (BIG if - as in it will never, ever happen. it's just the way I can have the luxury of thinking). So, IF I were a good looking, hard belly, split tail, I certainly wouldn't fall in love over matters of the heart. If you get my drift LOL. Money does in fact buy plenty of happiness :)

3. this is a very interesting thread i am gonna do some more research on these hormones because i make my own liquid kelp seaweed tea which has cytokinins and other hormones in it..
    now you sparked my interest even more in it Thanks:)

4. I am at the end of a cycle so no worries about hormones and all that. Maybe.

So, I have seen a lot of issues with the heat waves, plant stress on the forum.

In my imagination, salicylic acid would be one of the key hormones to supply to heat stressed plants. Thus I have been suggesting it to growers who may not be aware of aloe's utility in the garden. The explanation I have for it, in the shell of a squirrely cranium, is the stress will allow plants to tap the salicylic acid and create jasmonic acid, which may increase plants THC.

any way, other tips for heat stress include raising humidity with heat, and switching lights off during the day (on at night).

5. Plant hormones are signal molecules, acting as chemical messengers that control plant growth and development. Aside from their role in plant response to changes in environmental conditions, hormones are also the principal agents that regulate expression of the intrinsic genetic potential of plants. A phytohormone is an organic substance synthesized in defined organs of the plant that can be translocated to other sites, where it triggers specific biochemical, physiological, and morphological responses. However, phytohormones are also active in tissues where they are produced. In addition, numerous soil bacteria and fungi also produce phytohormones. The commonly recognized classes of phytohormones, regarded as the “classical five”, are: the auxins, gibberellins, cytokinins, abscisic acid, and etylene.

6. Nice. Wanna know how to make a hormone? Don't pay her! :D

Badda-Boom-Badda-Bing, Life is just a wunnerful thang! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Since were on that track...

What do you tell a loud woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, you told her twice already :p

• Like Like x 1

8. :eek::eek::eek:

9. How did these latest posts get bumped back up like this? I could have sworn they were older?

10. I think the plants laugh after storms. or during or something because even when they take a beating they have a vigor when it's over they usually don't have. They more gleam than shine if you know what I mean. I love electrical storms and I think they bring plants alive as well.

11. [quote name='"fayn2madness"']

:eek::eek::eek:[/quote]

Oh come on! That was funny lol

12. I reckon if you never been on the other side of it:p

13. When Gil Carangdang(sp?) talks about the uuse of BSP, he also mentions that we should try other things that might work in a similar fashion. Does anyone know of any other fruit that I might be able to use in place of papaya?

14. To get the Bromeliads to bloom, they use apples.

15. Would that be just an apple extract or is it with bannana and squash also?

16. [quote name='"Dumdumdummy"']When Gil Carangdang(sp?) talks about the uuse of BSP, he also mentions that we should try other things that might work in a similar fashion. Does anyone know of any other fruit that I might be able to use in place of papaya?[/quote]

What do you have available?

17. As far as fruit goes, we always have citrus available. Oranges, lemons, limes, mangos, various types of melons, apples, pears. When strawberries are in season, they all over town as well. Bannana and squash is plentiful so there are no problems there. Avacado is another one we always have too. I dont recall ever seeing papaya though:confused:.

18. get one at the store or Sean can send you some :D

19. [quote name='"Dumdumdummy"']

As far as fruit goes, we always have citrus available. Oranges, lemons, limes, mangos, various types of melons, apples, pears. When strawberries are in season, they all over town as well. Bannana and squash is plentiful so there are no problems there. Avacado is another one we always have too. I dont recall ever seeing papaya though:confused:.[/quote]

Mangos would be my choice of the fruits listed. Get them green. Shred the entire fruit and make sure to add the seed too. They are high in silicon and will be beneficial in your ferment. As for having having HUGE flowering hormones i honestly cannot say. It really isnt to easy (from what i searched anyway) to find PGR numbers in different fruits. That isnt really a major priority for most scientists to look up PGRs in various plants.

If you can you should look at the mango tree to harvest your fruit from. Try to find the biggest and most vigorous tree with the most and largest green fruit possible.

HTH
    SD

20. [quote name='"fayn2madness"']

get one at the store or Sean can send you some :D[/quote]

Lol lets not get ahead of ourselves here lol

Also DDD

Just out of curiosity, what strains are you planning to use these Natural Farming ferments on?
    What type of application? Foliar, or soil drench?

Just curious...