Plant help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tehapollo, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Okay so I went to a show last Friday and went I got home one of my mi5 was laying down in the soil. So I thought no big deal and I use soil to prop it back up. Now here comes my problem after a few days the plant was still leaning but now its growing up straight with part of the stem still being curved. I don't have a pic yet but I will try and draw what it looks like. My main worry is will my plant be able to support it self or should I get rid of it. It seems to still be growing fine but im not sure how the long run will be. She is about 2 weeks old now in a 3 gallon bucket with a fan on her.

[​IMG]

2. stick a stick in the dirt and tie her to it. sort of a crutch if you will...

3. I will give it a shot and see how it goes would be a shame to lose her this early.

4. #5 ChiefFuzzyNutts, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I am dealing with the same exact thing right now! Same everything. You are not alone. Let it be known if/ how it works out. Peace

5. I mean that might be the problem but I have a 400 watt hps about 10 inches above them. I will take a look around and see if I can figure it out. The other three girls are standing up well at least.

6. if you are nervous about shoving a stick into the dirt, you can run a line across and tie it up... i do the stick from time to time. just sharpen it so it will glide through roots and not tear them.

7. I might try using Popsicle sticks they should work just as well as sticks.

8. Well after looking at my girls today, I noticed what the problem probably is. The stem seems to have a crack in it. How this happened I have no idea, the girl seems to still be growing. Not sure what to do at this point, do you guys think it will still grow healthy or is it doomed in the long run. The crack is not massive it's just in the side of stem, when I get my camera back I will post a picture for sure.

9. you need to make something to hold her up. and if the crack is an open wound, tape it up with some electrical tape or something so bugs and bacteria can't get in.

10. I covered it up with more soil was that a bad idea? I do have it held up with sticks for now. Should I dig it up so I can cover the wound?

11. i would... if its open. if its a crack but the stem didn't break at all, leave it.

12. I think it might be a crack I am going to look closer when the lights come back on. Thanks for helping me out through this it's my first time lol.

13. ya next time try to prop them up against a stick if you haven't used a fan straight from the get-go, they tend to be weak at the start but strengthen up later on.

14. I started them on the fan about 3 days after they popped soil. Just that one girl was laying down one night when I got home.