plant height?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mmfwcl, Dec 23, 2011.

1. How do I control the height of my plant when I start growing? It'll be in a closet with 2 ...40watt flourescent tube lights Wichita I got at home depot the lights said great for indoor growing and is made for that also what kinda changes can I see in my light bill

2. Ur kidding right ?

3. No I'm a newb at growing just looking for answers even if I get bashed lol

4. That's a good attitude lol. God, I don't think u will have a height problem with that little of light . Maybe $4.00 a month increase.

5. Wichita? I lived near Salina, cops out there are CRAZY. Thank God I went back to Cali.

6. Ok cool and thanx for the answers if it does happen to sprout up I shall keep y'all updated wit pics

7. [quote name='"calvin4986"']Wichita? I lived near Salina, cops out there are CRAZY. Thank God I went back to Cali.[/quote]

My bad meant to say wich not Wichita lol

8. Good haha. Ways to control height: LST (research it), Topping, Scrog, Small light-to-plant distance, there are other ways, but it's all very complicated. Those listed are 90% of the ways, as well as using bluer light 2-3 weeks into flowering, goodluck

9. low stress training and topping. SCROG works too, but i wouldn't recommend it to a first time grower.
    i advise zipties, work wonders.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OXPe3ZDjHA]Zip-Tie Low Stress Training (ZLST) - Shaping Plants & Building Character - YouTube[/ame]

10. #10 mmfwcl, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    Yea as a first time grower I don't to attempt topping my plants or going at it with scissors the zip ties sound great and easy is there any way to know what kinda bud I will be growing? Hopefully I can add pics when I start and u guys can tell me. Note: I wont be ordering from a seed bank its seed from the bottom of the bag but the smoke is pretty good seems to get me stoned for a good while up to 6 hrs and major munchies lol and here is the light I mentioned does it look ok its 4 foot and WHATS A GOOD SOIL I CAN BUY AT WALMART I HERD MIRICALE GROW IS CRAP

ForumRunner_20111223_080854.png

11. topping is extremely simple, primates could do it.

[​IMG]

there will be the maine cola in the middle, then 2 growth out the sides. You want to cut it as soon as you can, which forces the hormones that would have gone to that main cola, to the 2 side growths, making them your two new cola;s

12. ^This. You are underlit, the only problem with height you will have is unhealthy stretching as the plant tries to find enough light to survive. Don't worry about LST or topping or anything else until you get more light.

And impact of 80 watts on your electric bill will be about the same as leaving one reading lamp on, negligible.

13. Ok cool I'm gonna see if the 80 Watts will do anything if not I'm thinking hps (high pressure sodium ) if it works tho I will post pics