Plant Height

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stupor_farms, Oct 30, 2007.

1. I RECENTLY READ IN HIGH TIMES THAT YOU SHOULD WAIT APROX. 8 WEEKS TILL YOU SEE THE MALE AND FEMALE PRE FLOWERS BEFORE YOU KICK THE LIGHTS BACK TILL 12/12. THEY SAY IT INCREASES BUD POTENCY AND SIZE. GROWING INDOORS MY CONCERN IS OVERALL PLANT HEIGHT BY WAITING THIS LONG TO FLOWER, ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT?

2. If you're worried about plant height read up on LST(low stress training.) You can basically control your plant to any height you want.

3. I wouldn't think that would be necessary or even desirable if you have space limitations. Of course you will get more bud because you will have a much bigger plant but if you don't have the room to even finish flowering then it does you no good. I could be wrong but I don't think a longer veg would have much of an effect on potency.

4. Preflowers showed up on my plants after 4 weeks. They were 22 inches tall.

5. the article in hightimes that i was refering to was in the latest issue, i dont have it in front of me right now and cant remember the writers name but it was one of the issues featured articles.

6. you could control height with the scrog method, from what ive read on here its very effective

7. the article was titled All you need to grow
    answers and photos by Jorge Cervantes.