Plant health issues, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rezlin, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Having some issues with my ladies and was wondering if anyone could give me their input. Here's a picture of what I'm dealing with right now. One thing that may not be easily seen in the pic is that the tips of the leaves are curled up. Thanks for the input.

Attached Files:

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. No problem, here's the info.

Soil, store bought consisting of Peat, Forest Humus, EWC, Poultry Litter, Dolimitic Lime is what I can remember listed on the bag.

Threw out the bag, I only remember it had Organic in it's name.

Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors, 32"x32"x63" tent.

What strain?
    Kushage

How old are the plants?
    4 weeks in the dirt after good rooting of clones

400watt Air-cooled MH (6" 452CFM Fan)

How far from the lights?
    10 inches

Lifted pot when dry before first watering. I water when it feels almost as light as that. About every 3-4 days. Water source is well water filtered by RO.

Started with a light treatment of Root 66 & Sugardaddy to reduce transplant shock. Then gave suggested feeding schedule of BC Technaflora nutrients at 1/2 strength. Water, Water, Feed.

Runoff fluctuates between 6.5 & 7

Temps during light cycle steady at 79 F, night cycle steady at 67 F and humidity between 45-55%

What size pots?
    1 Gallon Square Root Aeration fabric pots (6"x6"x10")

No mites or gnats visible.

The symptoms confuse me this time. I'm thinking either Calcium, Manganese or maybe Boron. It's yellowing from the leaf tips which I thought indicated nitrogen issues, but with the addition of the curled tips and brown specks has totally thrown me off.
    I'm currently in the process of building my own soil mix but wanted to use up all the liquid nutrients I already had, that's why I'm still using the BC nutrients.

4. [quote name='"Rezlin"']No problem, here's the info.

Soil, store bought consisting of Peat, Forest Humus, EWC, Poultry Litter, Dolimitic Lime is what I can remember listed on the bag.

Threw out the bag, I only remember it had Organic in it's name.

Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors, 32"x32"x63" tent.

What strain?
    Kushage

How old are the plants?
    4 weeks in the dirt after good rooting of clones

400watt Air-cooled MH (6" 452CFM Fan)

How far from the lights?
    10 inches

Lifted pot when dry before first watering. I water when it feels almost as light as that. About every 3-4 days. Water source is well water filtered by RO.

Started with a light treatment of Root 66 & Sugardaddy to reduce transplant shock. Then gave suggested feeding schedule of BC Technaflora nutrients at 1/2 strength. Water, Water, Feed.

Runoff fluctuates between 6.5 & 7

Temps during light cycle steady at 79 F, night cycle steady at 67 F and humidity between 45-55%

What size pots?
    1 Gallon Square Root Aeration fabric pots (6"x6"x10")

No mites or gnats visible.

The symptoms confuse me this time. I'm thinking either Calcium, Manganese or maybe Boron. It's yellowing from the leaf tips which I thought indicated nitrogen issues, but with the addition of the curled tips and brown specks has totally thrown me off.
    I'm currently in the process of building my own soil mix but wanted to use up all the liquid nutrients I already had, that's why I'm still using the BC nutrients.[/quote]

The RO water you are using is stripping your water of Cal/mag. You can supplement by adding cal/mag to your watering schedule in with your liquid nutes.

You do have dolomite lime in your mix, but it may require more than your bag came with. Good luck brotha.:smoke:

5. Thanks for the input. I have actually been using Cal-Mag (The Techna-flora version) as part of the regular feeding schedule. I have most of 50lb bag of lime that I got for the soil I'm mixing up now for next crop. You think I should add a little as a soil top-dressing and till it into the surface a bit? Or just up the amount of Cal-Mag when I make the next batch of nutrients?

6. Just up the amount of cal/mag you are using. I use 5ml per gallon every time I water... Don't worry bout top dressing with the lime.

7. Thanks for the suggest irn. Gonna try that next watering and see how they like it.