Plant health help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by luckycharms0421, Jul 21, 2016.

1. I opened the tent today to find my number 1 all sick. I researched and think its a calcium deficiency or iron deficiency. I wanted to ask here first though. The PH is well over 7 and it was under 7 yesterday. The last feeding was 3 days ago at heavy strength (4 tspn big bloom per gallon) for the last 3 feedings (every 3rd day). If it is a deficiency would I just flush at 1/4 strength for a week? Then go back to regular schedule? Thank you

20160721_155257[1].jpg 20160721_155308[1].jpg

2. I am also in the wrong forum .... I didn't see the plant health one you can delete this Mod. Sorry!

3. Second pic looks like the "claw" nitrogen deficiency. Too much nitrogen in flower

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I actually just saw that and then read that Calcium deficient usually means another problem. Would it cause the top leaves in the first pic to brown out like that. Also thanks for the reply I am stressing a little

5. Ok so the more I read it does look like N deficiency but I am stuck some places I have read to add nitrogen this far into bloom is not worth it and could do harm but others say its available in nature all the time why wouldn't it be ok .... so thoughts?

6. Your plant still needs nitrogen in bloom but a lot less then when in veg. your situation looks like you have too much nitrogen that's why the leaves are super dark and clawing. What nutrients are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nitrogen toxicity . Way too heavy on the nutes .. Flush with plain tap water , three times the volume of your planter Then no more nutes , at all . In a soil grow , don't pH anything EVER , the soil will buffer automatically .for you . Flush both plants . The first plant looks like the Nitrogen Toxicity got so bad it locked out the ability to pick up your other nutes .

• Like Like x 2
  8. The medium is FoxFarm Ocean Forest I didn't add anything during veg (I did use miracle grow during the first half of veg but diluted by 75% or so). I added Tiger Bloom slowly each week going up by 25/50/100% strength. The last 2 weeks I moved to an every 3 days feeding at full strength (3 feedings I think). I have a crappy PH meter I just stick in the soil but it jumped from just over 6 to just under 8 PH in a day and it wasn't the day after feeding either. This is a test grow just bag seed but I am really wanting to get this understanding before I grow my AK or Berry strains.

9. Ok but both of those pictures are the same plant the top of the plant has started to brown the bottom has the droopy claw leaves I was really confused. My other plant is actually eating that schedule same grow medium just fine but I am going to cut that back too just out of concern. So 5 gallon bucket is the planter you want me to flush 15 gallons through there? Also question could this be caused by bad drainage out of the bucket? I really have thought that was going to be an issue and I am wondering if now it is. Thank you so much

10. Yes 15 gallons .You want to flush the nutes from the soil , and the bucket shouldn't sit in the run off , elevate the bucket out of the catch basin . Do you have drain holes in the bottom ? You should only water when needed . . Lift your planter to tell how heavy with water it is . Cannabis likes a wet/dry cycle of the soil . When you water it should be watered until it comes out the bottom , at least a quart or more of run out water , ,Then no more water till the bucket feels light by lifting it .. . What kind of water are you using ? After the flush , the next feed only give it 1/4 the recommended dosage listed on the bottle . The severely affected leaves may not recover , but the downward clawing leaves should perk up after a few days .

• Like Like x 2
  11. My tap water is PH 7 so I just use that .... next grow though I have my rain catching system made so that it will feed into the tents from the overflow, I just finished flushing it and put it inside another 5 gallon bucket once the runoff slowed. Yeah I have drainage holes but never had the confidence in my handyman-ship to think it was working right but yeah it drains just fine so that is out of the question. I wrote down the wet and dry cycle thing for the next grow I was definitely not following that and was just sort of watering whenever the top was dry. I will see how this goes and get some pics back in a few days. Thank you again so much I really appreciate the time you guys took

12. Don't even check the ph in soil grows (.one less thing to screw up ) Also your tap water is better than the crap that comes from the sky with the rain .

• Like Like x 1