Plant growing too fast?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by limpy L, Oct 1, 2013.

1. From seed the plants are 2-2.5 months old. I just transplanted 3 weeks ago into a 5 gallon bucket and they are growing 1-2 inches a day. Could this be a problem? Roots have been poking out of the drainage holes for a week now. I am worried that I am going run out of room before flowering.

2. What kind of light are you using?

3. 750 mh I think.. The fatter bulb.

4. So flower them  :confused_2:
    I only veg for around 30 days and 1-2" per day is normal, depending on strain of course...

5. I know you can set to flower any time but once I start nutes should I finish the "cycle" or is it ok to only feed 2 times before flowering?

My first grow was not nearly this fast(thanks to GCF) so had me worried that my roots may be eating everything up and I may have problems down the road

6. Yeah that's fine to run veg nutes for the first couple weeks....
    I do just that in my hydro systems...

7. It appears that your plants are doing just what they should. Don't worry about roots coming out the drainage holes. Roots always follow the water flow. You will have no problem finishing in the 5 gal pot.

8. It's fine to fertilize only twice, in veg. I dont fertilize at all in veg because the soil has everything it needs. I do fertilize in flower because the plants needs change. I don't have to fertilize in flower, again soil has plenty of nutes but I have a better yield when I do.

9. Thanks guys!