plant growing sideways?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ilovegrassplease, Jan 16, 2016.

1. http://postimg.org/image/441i5c9m1/

if you can see it, my main stem is growing at a 45 degree angle off the soil. why would it be doing this? should I raise my lights to encourage it to grow up Instead? I know its getting tons of light penetration because the internodes?( the place where the main stem and leave stem meets) are forming new leaves at every one. but this is my first grow and im a little afraid to lst so I'd prefer it go stretch up Instead of just bushing out, I don't think it's the stem being too week its had a fan on it constantly since about day 3 and has about a no 2 pencil sized stem if not a little bigger.

2. its the fan. it happens to me. it turn my plant in the opposite direction every day. mine is six day old today and looking up

3. Yes that happens all the time. It will straighten out by itself. It's still a young sap. In March when you transfer outside, and they get that sun, they is gonna freak out on you and grow real straight and tall.

4. ok I turned my pots hopefully that'll help. and actually I'll be harvesting around the end of march-april or so these are 8-10 week autos and they sprouted new years day. idk how much they'll come out to because 2 of them have definitely been stunted, I think from overwatering. but its my first try I didn't expect to get everything perfect.

5. What strains are you working with? I have a quick one auto from Royal queen seeds going right now.

this is a signature.

6. 2 fast and vast
    1 critical+
    1 2 fast 2 vast
    how's that strain going? I'm thinking about getting some dutch passions autos for my next run, and I still have 3 of the fast and vast stored.

7. #7 zthelizardking, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
    Pretty good, journal is in my profile if you wanna look. I just transplanted her into her final pot. You said you weren't going to lst correct? I don't plan on training my auto either, I'm curious as to how it will develop.

this is a signature.
    Edit I see you did not say that...must of been a different thread so do you plan on training at all?

8. i said in my first post I'm scared to lst so if they grow to where the bud sites will get light without it I'd rather not. but since they just seem to want to stack leaves ontop of each other I might end up trying it very carefully so I don't break a stem lol.

9. Yeah I was super baked when I posted earlier, still pretty high. Don't be scared these plants can take some abuse.

this is a signature.

10. I'm no pro but why not just LST it and train it in a circle around the pot since your already going in that direction? I'm on my first grow and have 2 bubble gum and 2 northern lights and I'm thinking of starting LST on the NL. I figure might as well and try to maximize the yield like this rather than using too many nutes.

11. dont be scared to lst....its just a plant it won't bite

12. #12 ilovegrassplease, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    so I just got home and my plants are showing tiny pistils, they are only 18 days old and 3 of them are developing their fourth and fifth fingers on the third node and working on the fourth node, and my tiny stunted overwatered one is even showing pistils without its second node even really being developed. it seems way to early and now I'm worried the stunted one is a waste, if it starts flowering and doubles in size itd be all of a foot tall when it stops growing. have any of you had your autos show this early? also does this mean I should try to start lst now? I mean the one in the picture doesn't need it b/c its stem is barely.above the soil, but the other two healthy ones could possibly benefit from it.

13. should of done the lst in veg so the plant had time to take advantage of the technique.

Also your plant may be growing sideways as it grows towards the light. It may and may not be the fan. Its hard to tell with very vague info and no pics of the plant or grow setup

14. #14 king.j.thomas, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
    Mines grew sideways because I moved the light.. it actually bend so far over its LSD itself and branched out with another top

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

15. my fast & vast are being harvested in a few days ! Look forward to seeing yours

16. #16 ilovegrassplease, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    well I'm not sure which ones are the fast and vast, I got in a hurry and forgot to label or separate the seeds before putting them in a paper towel. and it's looking like one of my plants will probably die, its showing signs of nitrogen deficiency and has been stunted since week 1. I gave it nutes to fix the deficiency but it doesn't seem to be working, I've checked and monitored ph, really close to giving up on it . do you have pictures of yours? maybe I could figure out which ones are the fast and vasy off of the similarities.

also I wantes to ask, when should I make the switch from veg nutes to bloom? my plants have just started showing preflowers.

17. I will post a few photos in the next few days once majority is chopped. I don't think you'd be able to tell this early on anyway.

I fed my autos bloom/budding nutes half strength from about week 6, my nutes took ages to come . I probally would of started quarter strength about a week after first pre-flowers if I had nutes

18. #18 ilovegrassplease, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    ok, thanks. their next feeding of veg nutes will be tommorrow Im gonna use full strength as they reacted fine to half strength last week. then next week I'll start with a low dose of bloom nutes.

19. How you getting on