Plant growing really slow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, Apr 30, 2012.

1. #1 Corn Man, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

This is my first soil grow, so I don't know if that's why I feel like it's going so slow. I planted my four seedlings ten days ago, the seeds were only cracked open though, I just wanted to plant on 4/20 because I thought it would be good luck. Right now I have a 1,000 watt HPS light running 24 hours, 6-8 inches above it and I am constantly keeping the soil wet with water with a PH of 7 and no nutes. Why is it growing so slow?

2. The seed btw is big bang automatic.

3. Can't even see the pic man.

4. Pic has been added so you can see now, sorry for the mistake.

5. That is waaaaay too much light for a seedling and far too close! You are roasting them!

6. Yup, ur bakin' em.

Turn off your 1000W and put a CFL over that plant for the first few weeks. THEN, MAYBE you could use your 1000W at at least 20" away from the top of the plant.

7. [quote name='"ShovaBlaster"']That is waaaaay too much light for a seedling and far too close! You are roasting them![/quote]

I don't think there is such thing as too much light ;) lol. But I agree with it being to close and roasting it. Yeah it does seem kinda slow. You said you keep it wet constantly? That's a no no. Move the light farther away and water every couple-few days man.

8. [quote name='"Marsdude"']

Yup, ur bakin' em.

Turn off your 1000W and put a CFL over that plant for the first few weeks. THEN, MAYBE you could use your 1000W at at least 20" away from the top of the plant.[/quote]

Good point. A CFL right now would work better for starting it.

9. I wish I had something softer, but I had 14 plants and ten of them died because the inline fan broke and they fried, I just raised it up to two feet above them, should I switch to an 18-6 too?

10. Would not water them as much. Also humidity and temperature play a big role in growing rapidly.

11. Just buy a cheap $15 t-12 shop light with cool white bulbs . I vegged under one for a week and a half and then put mine under Hid. This will keep your little ones from drying out and roasting

12. I also had them under a humidity done for the first week to keep humidity around 60-70 percent, recommended seedling levels. What are your temps like?

13. Usually between 75-80

I tried a humidity dome, but half of them fried because... well we know now.

14. Seedlings dry out very easily. If you get them under a humidity dome and stick em under a t-12 shop light for a week, you will see some growth and improvement. Lightly Mist the seedlings once or twice a day, and poke a hole In the humidity dome for excess moisture to escape and you should be good to go. I found a 48" t12 light at Walmart for $15, worked like a charm