Plant getting worse.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GrowFan420, Jul 24, 2013.

1. #1 GrowFan420, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    Hey GC, I have a plant growing outdoor, it's been going pretty smoothly until 2 weeks ago, she started getting sad. I was initially told that the issue was not enough nutrients so I've been feeding her these last 7 days, two times. I use Sensi Grow plan a+b. It seemed to help but I'm still noticing a bit sadness and the growth is pretty weird, it used to grow a steady 2cm every day, now it hardly grows, I noticed on one of the tops the leafs are slightly fucked. Also noticing a slightly yellow color on some of the leaves in the sides of them.

To give a good idea of what I've noticed happen:

1. Plant stopped growing a lot of height.
    2. Hanging leaves.
    3. Less space between new nodes.
    4. Dark colors started appearing at the bottom of the stem only a few days ago.
    5. Weird twisted leaves (it appears to be only on one top).
    6. From what I can tell the new growth, it's leaves has a more yellowish color in the sides.
    7. There's a wound at the bottom of the plant which it is recovering at the moment, although I've been told it doesn't matter and can even be beneficial in some cases.

Also I'd like to point out the plant is over 100 days old, still in vegging, flowering should start in a month.
    I'm also wondering if it might be starting to get root bound and if I should go ahead and transplant it into the ground in my garden, I have a hard time checking it's roots cause it's in a pretty decent sized pot (30 liters/8 gallons).

IMAG1008 - Copy.jpg
    This is one of the more normal tops, you can kinda see the yellowing I was mentioning, also the nodes spacing is very little there, however wasn't always like that.

IMAG1012 - Copy.jpg
    This is the top with the twisted leaves, there's quite a few female hairs.

IMAG1014 - Copy.jpg
    A better picture of the twisted leaves.

IMAG1015 - Copy.jpg
    A closeup on some leaves these appear to be looking alright.

IMAG1016 - Copy.jpg
    Another top which looks alright, still some yellowing.

IMAG1020 - Copy.jpg
    Some of the better looking.

IMAG1021 - Copy.jpg
    This is the dark spots I mentioned, they are quite new.

IMAG1023 - Copy.jpg
    This is the wound/knuckle which I was told is fine.

IMAG1024 - Copy.jpg
    And a picture of most of the tops.

What type of medium: Soil
    What brand and type of soil: 2 different cheap brands of soil (was about $5), I can't remember the brand, not sure about type.
    Indoors or outdoors: Outdoor. Was indoor the first month under 50W CFL.
    What strain: Blue Rhino from positronics seeds.
    How old are the plants: 112 days since planted, 107 since sprout.
    What is your watering frequency and source of water: Water when needed, don't follow a schedule used to be about once a week, been having a lot of heat these last days though so been watering every 2-3 days lately. Source of water is just regular house water, the PH value is okay and shouldn't be the issue.
    What, how much and when was it fed?: Sensi Grow plan a+b - fed twice this last week both times about 7-8ml mixed with 4 liter water. Other then that it hardly has been fed with nutrients, only about 7 times and can't remember when. 4-2-6.
    What size pots: 8 gallon, 80 liter, 32.5x32.5x30cm approx.

2. Let's get that run off ph level.