plant getting to tall for grow box. need advise please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrMiyagi420, Apr 7, 2011.

1. I have a Blue Cheese plant in its early stages of budding thats starting to get too tall for the kitchen cabinet stealth box we built..I cant take it out or move the lights up anymore and its gonna be like 2 or 3 days till it reaches the light. I knew it doubled size when flowering but i didnt expect it to quadruple in size lol. So i need some advise on how to fix this dilemma..

is bending it the best answer? is it safe to do while its budding?

2. ...pinch and bend the stem, then steak it down...I'm searching for a video to give you a visual, one minute.

3. ...go to 4:20 of this video below, the audio is off time with the video...but, you'll get the point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWc8_3_UOPw]YouTube - how to grow marijuana at home growing marijuana from seed buy blueberry weed[/ame]

4. thx for your fast replies. This is farthest ive gotten in my growing(one hermie, one male) and i dont wanna fuck it up cause of spacial issues lol..

ive never seen it being pinched like that..how light do i have to pinch it so it doesnt break? i assume it wont stunt or harm the top bud as well?

5. ...you pinch the stem until you feel it soften a bit, or bruise....then bend the stem at that exact spot where you bruised it. How hard you have to pince the stem depends on how stiff your stem is.....cannabis is damn strong, don't be afraid to pinch your stem....just be sure to tie it down after wards or it will straighten back up.....actually, you should get more bud using this training technique....no worries.

6. well thats a relief :).. i was starting to get worried about what i was gonna do when it reaches the top.

+rep!

7. Its called supercropping. Generally you're supposedd to do it in vegging bugt you can do it in flower. Just becareful. The stem hardens when you flower. Like the above poster said pinch it and move it back and forth to weak it. Once the buds get big they're going to be too heavy so you need to buy some stakes.

8. LOL! this is a good problem to have ....YES?:smoke:

just curious as to exactly how big the plant is. sorry if I missed it.

"I am sooooo fucked.......YES?"

9. Both I guess. I was expecting my plants to get tp about 4feet but they're almost 5... new strain, sometimes you miscalculate it and when you bend it you cover lights for other plants

10. #11 MrMiyagi420, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    yea i just bend it and realized how hard the stem has gotten from before. since the buds are maybe as big as my thumb nail i have it just temporarily tied down with a rope thats taped to the edge of the bucket, but ill have to find something around the house to use as a stake and tie the rope to that tomorrow or sometime soon.

i always knew about bending, but i never thought of pinching so that only one part of it bends...to much smokin i guess haha..well back to writing my research paper :/

edit: @narcissistic, well i havent measured it in a while but the box is i think a little more than 2 1/2 and the light is probably 5 inches so im guessing its around 2ft..i would love to go bigger but 2 of my 5 roommates cant find out about it and its was the biggest/best cabinet i could find at home and fit in my car lol

11. supercrop. just bend it over.